“Go for the Lamb”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love a well prepared lamb shank and the Istanbul Grill has the best ever. My wife has tried various dishes but I can't get away from the lamb shank. (I know, Texans do not eat lamb. Try it. You will not be disapointed.) The rice is prepared perfectly. The Naan and hummus are delicious. The ambiance is great for couples or families.
The restaurant is clean and the service is professional. The staff does not hurry you through the meal, so you can relax with your bottle of wine (BYOW). We lived in the Middle East for several years. This restaurant is authentic.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

first time to have this type of food, it was very good. I had no idea that this place was here in Arlington.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Havent eaten here in a long time but had a great lunch combo while I worked a few weeks ago. I had the hummus to start. I had forgotten. How fantastic this hummus is, silky smooth, great flavor and very fresh pitas. Chicken shawarma with rice, chicken was a bit oily for my taste but the rice was simply delicious. Glad I returned and will be back!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We're local and grew up in Fort Worth. This restaurant is like taking a vacation. It looks upscale and the treatment is that of a fine hotel dining experience. The food is tremendous, always consistently good. The music is nice, the atmosphere enchanting, and the meats delicious. Also we love the bread and hummus. Can't miss here!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

As previous reviews noted, this is a gem of a restaurant, worth the trip from anywhere in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. The extensive menu offers opportunities for vegans, carnivores and all tastes in between. I have consistently been a fan of the combo platter, which offers lamb, chicken, and beef in a variety of presentations. It is easily enough food for two people. I invariably take home a "to go" box that feeds us for another day or two. Their hummus appetizer is a great way to start the meal, just enough spice and olive oil. This is a BYOB operation. They are happy to provide free corkage service, but also have no issue if you bring your own cork screw, and help yourself. The white table cloths, silver and attentive service belie the prices, which are very reasonable considering the portions. Istanbul Grill is a destination worthy of whatever distance you may have to drive to find authentic middle eastern cuisine. But don't take my word for it. Check out other reviews. Then come and find out for yourself what you have been missing. Until next time...

1  Thank fayesno1son