“Cultural experience topnotch”

Ranked #2 of 931 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you want to dine on an authentic Prussian meal, browse among the shelves through authentic russian merchandise, or sample our deli and european groceries, Taste of Europe is the place for you. Come experience the feel of another place and time. Sausage and meats, caviar, Russian cakes and candy, Beef stroganoff with pasta or potatoes, all these things and more are at your fingertips. We carry European Wine and Russian Beer. Drop by today. You're always welcome!
Reviewed June 21, 2018

A group of 12 met here for an early Sunday dinner. The host. Mikhail Frumkin, greeted us warmly and seated us so we could have easy conversation. The environment is a rich cultural experience - part museum, part store. Russian/Eastern Europe food is the menu's focus. It was fun to try something authentic (borscht). I enjoyed the beef strogonoff and my husband liked the Schnitzel.
Great place for families with older children to study world geography!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank WandWoman

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

I was really excited when I found this restaurant while on my business trip in the DFW area.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I ordered a Pilsner beer and a meat & cheese platter prior to ordering the Goulash. See the photos below.

The meat and cheese platter from this restaurant does not even come close in comparison to what you would receive in Europe. In Europe, such as in Germany and Austria or even Slovenia, you would receive a nice selection of various meats and cheese, and brown bread. You would never be served a stale roll. And you damn sure would not receive a few thinly slices of so-called cheese. (Don’t order it!) And yes, I’ve lived in Europe.

As for the Goulash; it lacked flavor and was soupy. It clearly lacked Paprika and it only contained 7 pieces of cubed beef, approx. about 1 inches big. The noodles were cooked well.

Look, I’ve had Goulash from Europe, while in Europe. This, in my opinion, is not Goulash.

The service was prompt and professional...but I was confused if this is a restaurant or a Russian gift store, maybe it’s both.

This total meal, meat/cheese plate, Goulash and beer...as you see in the photos was approx. $28.

Don’t waste your time with the Goulash. Order something else. Good luck.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband, brother in law and I went in this restaurant after reading the reviews. After having travelled extensively throughout Europe, we can be picky when it comes to food being “from there”. We were pleasantly surprised to find that this place was authentic in food, character and ambiance. The service was entertaining. I asked the older gentleman what his version of “Russian Lemonade” was and he said a shot of vodka with two drops of lemon, perfect, sold! ( it turned out to be vanilla cream soda and lemonade) still tasty though! I ordered the chicken Kiev which came on bread with fries. The boys both had beef stroganoff, all hearty portions, very tasty. We will be back to try more!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We had a large table for our Sunday family lunch. The ages of the 5 grandkids range from 4 to 12 years old so dining out can be a hit or miss. This was a great hit. The menu has unusual offerings so we helped the kids make selections beforehand from the menu online. Good! Because that leaves lots of time to admire and explore the labyrinth of colorful Russian items displayed. They were fascinated and didn't mind a bit that they didn't have the usual nuggets and fries and crayons from a children's menu... there is no children's menu here. Thank goodness. Everyone had delicious, satisfying food and a perfectly wonderful time, discussing Russia, visiting with the charming owner and licking lips.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Martha D
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Had Chicken Kiev, Potato pancakes, Beef Stroganoff, and Peirogis. All the food was wonderful. Mikhail the owner is such a joy. The service was excellent. The shopping is fun too. Bought some beautiful matryoshka dolls.

Date of visit: March 2018