“Good Food but haunting after-effects”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #166 of 901 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai food brings together some of the most diverse, yet complementary flavors of any type of cuisine. At Taste of Thai, we tap into this diversity by bringing together the rich and flavorful dishes of the North and the lighter, spicier dishes of the South to create an authentic Thai food experience. We welcome you to visit and enjoy Thai cuisine as it was meant to be appreciated: rich and diverse like the people and culture of Thailand.
Reviewed July 7, 2015

Had Mango Duck. Pretty good but a bit too crispy. Wife had a noodle dish which was ok. Unfortunately, many in our group of 20+, and my wife, had stomach issues for a day or too afterwards. Perhaps the spices, perhaps the food additives. Disappointed because we probably will not return.

1  Thank Jim D

Reviewed June 25, 2015

We love to come here to eat. The food is great and the owner is very nice and accommodating. We would come once a week if we could. The restaurant is family run and the food and service are consistently great. We love the chicken delight and Pad woon sin. The coconut milk soup is outstanding. Give it a try!1

Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

I called in a take out order. The person taking my order was very polite and also upon my pick up. My food was packed very poorly. There was sauce all over the bag. I got a kids order of noodles that was leaking everywhere and my contained of basil chicken was not completely closed so that was also leaking. I was under the assumption that my basil chicken and shrimp came cooked with flat rice noodles, but came with an order of rice, which completely changes the flavor. I added in shrimp and only received 3. Food was mediocre... I will not be returning.

Management response:Responded November 3, 2016

Maria, we know that it's been quite some time since you wrote this, but we are disappointed that this impression has stuck with you for so long. We take a lot of pride in our recipes, and with food that's made fresh daily, we want to make sure that the presentation and everything involved in the ordering process reflects our time that we invest into our restaurant. We really hope we'll have another opportunity to win you over -- we know we're capable of much more than this. In any case, thank you for helping us move in a productive, healthy direction, and we wish you all the best.

Nina & Michael, Owners

Reviewed May 18, 2015

Our son was in town visiting and he and we enjoy Thai food. He looked up Thai in our area and found the closest on to us in Arlington. It in located in an open mall area just off the intersection of 360 and Arkansas. You exit 360 going north and cross back over on Arkansas to the west side of 360 and is located immediately on right hand side.
We had three different dishes and each one had rave reviews. The restaurant is small form the outside but surprisingly large on the inside and very well appointed. The name of the owner/managers is Michael and Nina and I believe too that they are the chief cooks and bottle washer as well. You will not be disappointed if you enjoy Thai food at all.

Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic Authentic Thai restaurant. Ate here for dinner with 3 of my friends and we all choose something different. Drinks, Appetizers and Mains. The service and timing was great. Salads all came out together. The appetizers were nice. I couldn't get enough of the peanut sauce with my chicken satay sticks. It's always a nice touch when you order a beer and it comes with a chilled glass! The mains again all came out together - and they were all large servings. All of the meals looked exquisite! My friends had mango fish, classic Pad Thai and Panang Curry and I had the Massamam curry. It was delicious and at 3/5 stars chili it was spot on - just enough to make my forehead bead a bit of sweat but not enough where I couldn't taste anything else. It was a lot runnier in consistency to what I'm used too and the beef not as tender but overall, it's the best Massamam curry I've had so far in the states. I'll definitely be back for a quick take away meal or with friends again if they're craving Thai like we did tonight. Another restaurant worthy of 5 stars thanks to TripAdvisor, Yelp and Google.
Compliments to the chef!