“Great Ramen and other Japanese dishes”
Review of Ramen Tatsu-Ya

Ramen Tatsu-Ya
Ranked #265 of 4,243 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed December 29, 2017

This restaurant serves some of the best ramen in Austin. The place was crowded when we went, waited outside in 35 degree weather for 15 minutes to get in. Worth the wait, but I suggest warmer weather. We all got a different offering of ramen in soup, and everyone loved the food. Gotta eat with chop sticks and spoon, so it means you have to be able to use these, or not eat very fast. My wife is not a chop sticks proficient person, so she rolled the noodles up like spaghetti on a fork, and was able to eat all the noodles that way. Everyone else knew how to use chop sticks, so we waited while she finished. Reasonably priced, friendly people. Typical offering is around $11 for the basic offering. You can add bombs for a couple of dollars. When we finished, in about an hour, the line outside was longer than when we were waiting, and the temperature was in the low 30's.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed November 26, 2017

My bowl of mi-so hot ramen with extra noodles was loaded with tastes and sensations I'd never experienced before. The slow cooked and deeply intense pork base shone through in every bite or I should say, heavenly slurp. The service is quick and friendly but there may be a line outside. Never fear, it moves right along. Do not miss this opportunity to try some enrapturing flavors.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

The service is the best part. The food is pretty great, i wish the noodles were thicker but i mean the flavor is outstanding. Definitely a cool vibe, a bit loud but it isn’t overwhelming. Prices weren’t awful, and the portions were reasonable. This restaurant has a real Austin atmosphere, your experience will be fantastic if you show up.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I went there after seeing the rating and loving Ramen. It was a dream come true. Yes that probably sounds ridiculous but I've never been to a good Ramen place and have wanted to for years. I don't have much reference to compare to besides that i make my own at home and do my own bone broth and I love other Japanese food. But honestly some of the best broth I've ever tasted. I ate the number 1 with some spicy sauce on the side. Next time I will order extra noodles because there aren't a ton and it's only 1.50$ for extra noodles. Maybe some extra pork because it was so yum and extra mushrooms because those were epic too. Or maybe I will just order 2 bowls!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I love this place better than any noodle restaurant I have been to. Their marrow broth base is the best ever! I always get the original with a corn bomb. But my total favorite is the soft boiled egg!! Omg!! It literally melts in your mouth.
They have a varied menu if you're not into ramen but you should give it a try.

Date of visit: September 2017