“Pretty bad service”
Review of Haru Sushi

Haru Sushi
Ranked #641 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Food was great. However, their service leaves much to be desired. We kept getting interrupted in the middle of a conversation since they wanted to clean up before they closed the restaurant. The waiter stood there uncomfortably while waiting for us to take our cards out to pay the bill before we asked for it. He also forced me to get a box while I was in the middle of the meal. This was all before closing time.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I don't like sushi, but Hanabi is one of my husband's favorite restaurants, so for his birthday, I splurged on their omakase experience. This means that the chef goes off- menu and creates a custom 7 course experience with whatever is freshest and inspires him.

We had no idea what to expect, but it ended up being delightful. Even though our group only had 6 people, they put us in the private party room area, which meant we could chat without all the distracting noise from other diners. Since the omakase option was VERY expensive per person, I appreciated that Hanabi allowed me to order it for 2 (me and my husband) while our other guests ordered from the menu.

The portions were generous and the plating was impressive. Definitely made our special event feel special.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful sweet sauce with chicken katsu, huge portion and the potato salad was like eating clouds. Sushi was delicious and very fresh. The ONLY negative is they use farm raised salmon - can’t eat it without getting sick which is upsetting because I love salmon.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

We are often at Hanabi Gateway for Happy Hour and tonight was no exception. Sushi is very fresh, all dishes are well prepared and the wait staff is very attentive and friendly. Marcus, our waiter tonight, recommended a dessert that the chef has created just this past week: matcha crepe cake. Our curiosity was piqued so we ordered it. 24 layer of matcha crepes(I counted them!) with a cream like filling, then topped with matcha powder. What a gorgeous dessert and not to be missed! It is not sweet but very rich and dense. Eat a little less and order this delicacy! Hanabi Gateway should be on your list of regular restaurants in Austin!

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Paid $40 for the 12 sushi special which included "high end" fish that they usually don't serve in the standard menu. I can't say it wasn't good but I don't know what to think about it. Some of the fishes were very good, other just average. I personally like when the fish is cold instead of at room temperature. Also, a sushi size should be adapted to be eaten in one go, mine were too big for only one bite. Very good service, they welcome you with a big smile and what sounds like "Hello" in Japanese which made me feel welcome.