All reviews austin airport service road bratwurst full size kitchen an extended stay front desk free breakfast is the general manager hard boiled eggs marriott properties an early flight nice property oatmeal comfortable stay shuttle service lobby area enjoyed our stay
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Got a great deal on this hotel on Hotwire the night before we flew out of the country. Hotel is VERY close to the airport, so super convenient! Awesome rooms, very clean, quick check in; we were impressed since this was our first stay at a Residence Inn. Didn’t need all the amenities, but appreciated the extra room and a/c already cold. It is a little hard to find the turn, but just go slow in the right hand lane after you exit on Riverside and you will see the small banner that says Now Open Residence Inn and turn right. Very nice, new, and we will definitely stay again next time we fly out of Austin.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

So we stayed here last year — had a great visit which is why we returned. No problems at check in but when we got to our room the bathroom smelled and the floor was obviously dirty around the toilet. My husband asked the front desk guy about getting it cleaned. Apparently there is no housekeeping help to be had in the late afternoon? He also asked for cleaning supplies so that we could clean the bathroom ourselves — he was unable to provide those. We asked for a few more towels and he came out with an armful of bath rugs. So with our room being a suite with a kitchenette, we were able to find a sponge and some leftover dish detergent and proceeded to scrub the floor ourselves. Later we told him that we needed to check out early — originally planned a 4 night stay, now checking out tomorrow. The front desk was also unable to assist with this. We took care of it over the phone with corporate.

We are Marriott people. My husband travels for business and they are our chain of choice when vacationing as well. Very disappointed. Leaving tomorrow for a Hyatt property...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Omar A, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Bobbie,

First and foremost let me personally and humbly apologize for the incidents and service you were provided at our hotel. This is un-characteristic of both our cleanliness and service levels. As you can attest to both of those from your last years trip to our property. For all the inconvenience, please reach out to me directly so I can remedy this less than favorable stay with you for your next trip into Austin. Again my apologies for the lack of service during your most recent stay. I am personally at your service for any of your travel needs.

Best Regards,

Omar Alaryan

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was less expensive than staying downtown and is about a 15 minute cab / uber ride from most of central Austin. Room was large and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially Roderick who gave us some great tips on where to go in the city, and Omar who gave me a free beer as this trip is a birthday present. Only negative is that it's not well signposted from the road so it was easy for drivers to miss.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Good grief, I’ve never had Siri tell me to park my car and prepare to walk to my destination before I came here.

Absolutely no sign on the road to indicate the hotel is near by. Be careful if you do pullover, because just before this drive, there’s another spot that looks just like a driveway but isn’t, and just ends. interestingly enough another vehicle going to the same place pulled into this little parking spot right behind us, I believe looking for the same hotel, as we both ended up in the right parking lot.

Let me give you a hint, put up a lit signal at the end of your driveway. We ended up in the courtyard by Marriott before we ended up here and getting back around is an unnecessary pain.

Nice hotel, quite new, but someone neglected to put up a sign out front. Just poor planning.

Otherwise, standard Marriott fare, nothing special. Except that they are woefully understaffed in the evenings.

We won’t be back here anytime soon. There are better accommodations at this price point, which are easier to find.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Omar A, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Good day Fred B,

I completely understand your frustration when it comes to locating the hotel. We have been working diligently with the City of Austin for quite a while in order to get a monument sign established at the entrance of our road. Once the City gets it approved we will be able to properly have signage so that our guests can locate us easier.

As for staffing, we assign our team based on the occupancy, and it did seem that we picked up more than expected during this weekend, and for that I humbly apologize. We will be more aware in the future. With that being said, the next time your travels do bring you back to Austin, please feel free to reach out to me personally as I would love for you to give us a second chance at our hotel.

If there I anything that you ever need, please let me know, I am at your service.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of it’s proximity to the Austin airport. The shuttle dropped us off at the airport at 5:00 am and was able to pick us up at midnight when we returned. We left our car in the hotel parking during our trip.
The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen, living area with a sectional and comfortable king bed. Very new and clean. Breakfast included was great. We had a delayed flight and they allowed us to stay 3 hours after checkout time. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Will definitely return here again before our next travel plans from the airport.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple