“Dated but great service, middle of nowhere!”

Residence Inn Austin South
Ranked #85 of 199 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Dated but great service, middle of nowhere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Ask for a room away from the highway side. It is so loud all night. Also the auto temp regulator turns on the fan periodically, and it is so loud also, then it stops. Then it starts. Stops. Starts. But the folks w ho work here are awesome. If I could stay downtown, I would do that!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here with my team (normally stay at Full Service Marriott nearby) but although rooms need updating(same furniture as was here 5 yrs ago) rooms are clean and comfortable. A/C was great in the two weeks I was in Austin temps were 105-109 and I was able to keep room comfortable. They did upgrade TVs on my 10th day to newer 32" LCDs. This is a pet (Dog) friendly hotel and I was foutunate enough to be on the dog floor but I like dogs.

• Stayed August 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Staff=top knotch friendly, #1 in customer service! Always above and beyond (I travel often & usually stay at Holiday Inn)
Amentities=pool was a bit small, but was always clean and stocked w clean towels.
Breakfast & Social hour= welcoming and perfect way to begin and end our day. Mark was awesome and tentative to our children's request.
Location= easy access to interstate.
Friends paid >$2200 for a house rental during our week here and came to visit us

• Stayed June 2011
Owings Mills, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

As a Marriott Platinum I have gotten accustomed to quality properties however this isn't one of them. Carpet, furniture and towels are tired and old. Gives an appearance of unclean...even if it is. Cheap on amenities like toilet paper, tissue paper and towels.The check in guys was very nice but they need to renovate here badly. I do think I have a higher standard and this may be fine for some but this to me doesn't fit Marriott's image.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank matthewedward
RyanPlain, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our hotel. I am sorry that the condition of our facilities did not live up to your expectation. We are scheduled for a full renovation starting in December 2011, and would love it if you would come and visit us again after completion.

Ryan Plain
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

I am an admitted Marriott loyalist but am willing to take them to task when necessary. My one day stay recently was very pleasant primarily because of the staff. They are professional and willing to help beyond what is needed. Definitely will stay here again. Now, a few quibbles: The televisions need to be updated and the hotel does show its age in spots. An earlier review complained of lack of cleanliness and lumpy beds. I have no complaints about either. I do a bed bug check before I accept a room and the mattress is a pillow top that appears new.
One of my pet peeves with Marriott is inconsistent wifi. It worked well here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We spent a long weekend in Austin for a wedding and had some extra time to check out the city. The hotel location is great! It is very close to all the restaurants and nightclubs plus it's just a few blocks from the river with walking areas. We could easily walk to these locations. The rooms are nicely decorated/totally up to date and we appreciated having space to spread out. It is great to have a separate sitting area, kitchen and bedroom.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. I enjoyed my stay here. The extras were exactly what I needed to make for a pleasent stay. I liked that the I could print out my flight boarding pass quickly, and that the breakfast was just what I needed to start my day. I was surprised by the food available in the evening, it was more than enough to suffice as my main meal of the day. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business