Residence Inn Austin South
US$229
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$268
US$244
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$200
austinmotel.com
US$224
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$209
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoperations managerfront deskbedroom suitefrontage roadfull kitchenmarriott propertiesgreat place to staythe breakfast arealiving areaup to datefree breakfastextended stayi highly recommend this hotelpleasant stayyogurthome away from homebeds were comfortable
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here with my team (normally stay at Full Service Marriott nearby) but although rooms need updating(same furniture as was here 5 yrs ago) rooms are clean and comfortable. A/C was great in the two weeks I was in Austin temps were 105-109 and I was able to keep room comfortable. They did upgrade TVs on my 10th day to newer 32" LCDs. This is a pet (Dog) friendly hotel and I was foutunate enough to be on the dog floor but I like dogs.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Staff=top knotch friendly, #1 in customer service! Always above and beyond (I travel often & usually stay at Holiday Inn)
Amentities=pool was a bit small, but was always clean and stocked w clean towels.
Breakfast & Social hour= welcoming and perfect way to begin and end our day. Mark was awesome and tentative to our children's request.
Location= easy access to interstate.
Friends paid >$2200 for a house rental during our week here and came to visit us

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed February 25, 2011

As a Marriott Platinum I have gotten accustomed to quality properties however this isn't one of them. Carpet, furniture and towels are tired and old. Gives an appearance of unclean...even if it is. Cheap on amenities like toilet paper, tissue paper and towels.The check in guys was very nice but they need to renovate here badly. I do think I have a higher standard and this may be fine for some but this to me doesn't fit Marriott's image.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matthewedward
RyanPlain, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our hotel. I am sorry that the condition of our facilities did not live up to your expectation. We are scheduled for a full renovation starting in December 2011, and would love it if you would come and visit us again after completion.

Ryan Plain

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I am an admitted Marriott loyalist but am willing to take them to task when necessary. My one day stay recently was very pleasant primarily because of the staff. They are professional and willing to help beyond what is needed. Definitely will stay here again. Now, a few quibbles: The televisions need to be updated and the hotel does show its age in spots. An earlier review complained of lack of cleanliness and lumpy beds. I have no complaints about either. I do a bed bug check before I accept a room and the mattress is a pillow top that appears new.
One of my pet peeves with Marriott is inconsistent wifi. It worked well here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent a long weekend in Austin for a wedding and had some extra time to check out the city. The hotel location is great! It is very close to all the restaurants and nightclubs plus it's just a few blocks from the river with walking areas. We could easily walk to these locations. The rooms are nicely decorated/totally up to date and we appreciated having space to spread out. It is great to have a separate sitting area, kitchen and bedroom.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple