“Great hotel with lots of perks”

Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central
Ranked #130 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, it was super clean, friendly staff, perfect location as my work is only 1 mile away. The rooms are spacious, clean, and feel new. I would definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all reviews to heart and as a team work together to better service our guest. We are elated your stay was great. We do try and treat our guest like family.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The staff was excellent, it was clean and up to date the food was good and the pool is a dream.... I would go back in a heart beat. And there is free shuttle service to and from the airport, with a very nice fast prompt driver...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

This Holiday Inn Express is not equal to the others I have stayed at. It's on the wrong side of Austin from the fun stuff do, and the beds are seriously uncomfortable.

The staff did not recognize my program memberships or give me "perks" they claim members get. Actually other than handing me a key and saying a room number I wasn't acknowledged at all.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank JessieDAwsome
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I stayed here for one night (Tues check-in and Wed check-out.) I arrived around 4 p.m. and found both people working the front desk to be friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I was grateful to see the bathroom was spotless. The mattress was firm and comfortable with soft blankets and several pillows, both soft and firm. My experience started off great and then went downhill. The ice machine on my floor was broken, so I had to go to the floor above or below. Not too big a deal. Then I went out with friends and stayed out rather late. When I arrived back at the hotel there were hardly any spaces left and the only accessible entrance was quite a distance from my car. Before I went to sleep, I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I was awakened by housekeepers talking loudly right outside my door. Their loud conversations started around 9 a.m. so I had no choice but to get up, even though I wanted another hour of sleep. Around 9:30, one of the housekeepers knocked on my door several times. She did this even though it clearly said, "Do Not Disturb." Then, about 15 minutes later, she knocked AGAIN and even tried to open the door. Thank Goodness it was latched because I wasn't even dressed! To me, that was very unnecessary and inconsiderate. It's not as if I was staying past check-out time. The rooms themselves are clean and comfortable and the location is great. I just found it difficult to rest and relax. Don't know if I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MizKitty_417
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This hotel was clean and neat. They had lemonade in the reception area, along with a basket of oranges (even at 8:30 p.m.!) available for travelers to snack on. Nice "welcome" bags for members of Holiday Inn Priority club with lots of goodies (not just a bottle of water and a cookie) Plenty of free breakfast that seemed almost bottomless - definitely not stingy! They did a great job of keeping everything full and hot (when it was supposed to be hot). Everything in the room was in order. Everything worked. It's about 6 miles outside of Austin. Lots of restaurants about a mile or two away, but you do need a car to get to them. We were on the 1st floor and I thought we'd hear cars or people all night long, but we didn't .. it was pretty quiet, though the hotel was pretty full and there were several teens hanging out around the dining area. Very nice gym area -- bigger than most Holiday Inn expresses. Easy exit going back to Houston. Probably would choose the Holiday Inn at Lady Bird Lake over this one because of the proximity to Austin, the walking trail and the views, tho.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed at this Holiday Inn a few years ago and it was reasonably nice then. It is even nicer now - it looks like they have painted and redone the whole place. Front desk staff was incredibly nice and even gave us the Priority Rewards welcome package though I had booked through hotels.com (I am a member...). The rooms were spotless, spotless, spotless. So was the whole place, actually. I saw cleaning staff cleaning from the time I checked in until I checked out. Breakfast was fabulous and included in the room price. Room had a mini-fridge, very comfy beds, flat screen TV. AC wasn't noisy or moldy smelling. Pool is tiny and right next to parking lot. Washer and dryers were free, nice fitness center. It took me less than ten minutes down I-35 to drive to UT. I will definitely, definitely stay here again. Very comfy!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2010

My wife and I made a last minute trip to Austin to attend UIL Girls State Basketball Tournament on UT campus. Decided to stay in north Austin and were very pleased with this location. Good breakfast with amble seating for everyone to eat . Service was outstanding. Room was nice although we were only there for a few hours. Location allowed easy access to I-35 heading south to UT which was less than 5 miles away.
Good value for price. Will stay here in the future if possible.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple