“Worst Hotel Service”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro
Ranked #24 of 40 Speciality Lodging in Austin
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This hotel needs to offer customer service training to their staff. I had to wait for someone to come to the front desk. When they arrived they said, "what you want?" I asked for more towels for my room because when they "cleaned" it they didn't replenish my towels. I was told I had to bring my dirty towels back to get new ones. I told them my room was already cleaned and they didn't leave any. Then they said they didn't have any. When I checked out, I found out that I was charged extra for the room "cleaning". Was charged $28 for that. Never was informed about that When reserving the room or checking in. Expired food for complimapentary breakfast and nothing in the kitchen area such as utensils or pots, pans or plates.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jph092281
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thank you for completing a review for our property. I would like to apologize for the experience. It appears there are some areas where we can definitely improve, especially customer service. I will take your comments and use them to coach my staff so that you don't experience this type of treatment ever again when you visit our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I found the staff very professional and polite. The room was clean and comfortable. That was my first time ever staying at an Extended Stay, but I will book there again when I come back to Austin.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

It is so rewarding to see that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. reading your comments about the professionalism of our staff and your comfortable room accommodations are much appreciated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Spent 5 nights here in mid-August. Over the past 5 years we have booked this hotel for our Austin visits. It is located on 290 E just one block east of I-35 and is therefore conveniently close to downtown. Located in a business park area and is always safe and quiet. Rooms have been updated, the staff is always friendly, and we have always found it an attractive, clean, and affordable place to stay. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This past visit we stayed on the third floor, which we found very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Your feedback is very important. I'm thrilled to read how you consistently had a great experience with our hotel. It is great to know our convenient location, comfortable rooms, and attentive staff helped make your stay memorable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

So for the price I paid I wasn't expecting much...The lobby and elevators are nice, even including offers of recipes and free items you may have forgotten. The AC had sprung a leak (probably a clogged drain), but they did offer me another room. The bathroom sink faucet also leaked when you ran water. The door looked like it had once been pried open. The sheets were clean, bathroom was clean and kitchen was clean. Parking was simple and the location makes it easy to get into downtown or onto two major freeways. The view was of a tree. The breakfast was oatmeal, granola bars, muffins, some despondent looking granny smith apples and coffee. It's a two-star trying to look like a three-star. Front desk was very attentive but strangely couldn't mail a stamped postcard for me.

Room Tip: Room Number FXX. F is floor. The higher XX is the closer you are to the freeway. if XX is even you a...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you had with your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Still, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your clean room and our location during your visit. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

this place was just a little north of the downtown area about a 10-15 min drive. it was clean, quite, comfortable, and cheap at 64 a night when we booked. it does not have maid service, but we stayed 3 nights so wasn't a big deal.
we do recommend if on a budget
we would stay here again

Room Tip: room 210 was nice and newly remolded
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the location was far north of downtown. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Came here last week because of a deal I received on Priceline. The hotel is outdated, with much of the furniture looking quite antiquated, but the value for money is quite good. The free breakfast is quite deceiving as you only receive some fruit, a muffin, and granola bars to go along with some coffee. Still better than nothing I suppose, but the advertising is somewhat misleading. If you are on a budget however, the value for money is quite good.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not pleasant but the price fit your budget. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

I could smell an odor walking up to the establishment but had prepaid on hotwire so I went in anyways. The smell in the lobby could not begin to describe the smell in the room. Have you ever been in a dive bar the reeked of cigarette smoke and stale spilled beer? Even that smell would have been more enjoyable than the stench in the room. As an added bonus, the light in the bathroom didn't work, the shower did not have water pressure, it took running the water in the shower 5 minutes to get warm, the room lacked shampoo, the clock was set 90 minutes fast, the remote for the tv didn't work and the walls were so thin that I could hear people talking in the parking lot. It was an old man who looked down on his luck and a cheap prostitute who tried to fit into an outfit that was 3 sizes too small. The free breakfast consists of apples, oranges, packaged pastries that you see at gas stations and packets of oatmeal that you add water too. They also provided the hot water, spoons and cups to put the oatmeal into. Oh, walking down the hallways you can see holes in the ceiling and walls. They said there was a fire and they are making repairs.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo