Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro
US$194
US$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$153
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$229
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 13, 2016

I stayed at the Extended Stay America for two nights. I arrived early, so I needed to wait until the official check-in time before receiving a room. I did need to call for the front desk attendant to come to the front desk (there was a sign with a number to call). The first room I was given smelled like smoke, so I called the front desk and had no issues getting a second room. Fortunately, the second room didn't smell like smoke. Room was not serviced during my stay - but the front desk tells you that upfront.

The surprisingly spacious room, which is essentially a studio, came with a kitchen, a living area, a sleeping area, and a bathroom. There were stools in the kitchen to sit on, but no dining table with chairs (unless you wanted to use the table meant to be a desk as a dining table). The kitchen had a microwave and an electric stove, neither of which I used. There were utensils provided - spoons and knives, but oddly, no forks. I didn't need a fork, so I didn't call the front desk for some. There were two mugs, but no plates. There is a placard in the kitchen saying you can ask for additional kitchen equipment, but since I didn't need any I didn't ask. There is a refrigerator which made enough noise during the night to wake me up.

The bathroom was dimly lit. The shower head was at a height that it would be difficult for a really tall person (maybe anyone much over 6 feet tall) to use. The shower head wasn't really height adjustable. Shower pressure was decent and acceptable. There were about two days' worth of towels provided, as were soap and shampoo. The front desk did say that if I needed to exchange towels, to bring the used towels to the front desk to swap out. The bathroom came with a bathtub.

The TV had a few cable channels, but they were analog (not HD). Living area came with a desk with rolling chair, couch, and coffee table. There's also a dresser.

Oddly, the alarm clock was unplugged. One of the bedside lamps either didn't work or I couldn't figure out how to turn it on (it was plugged in, I checked). Bed looked clean. Bedroom/living area is carpeted, kitchen is wood flooring (possibly laminate, I'm not a flooring expert).

There is a laundry facility (didn't use), exercise equipment (didn't use), and a pool (didn't use, but it didn't look like it got a lot of use).

Breakfast is provided in the lobby, but it is fairly minimal - it consists of coffee, instant oatmeal (do-it-yourself), granola bars, and packaged muffins. You may want to leave the hotel for a more substantial breakfast.

Hotel is located close to the I-35/US 290 interchange north of town. It's close to Austin but traffic getting into the city can be bad. You will need to drive for any amenities (e.g., food) - nothing's within walking distance/walkable that I could see.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2016

The room was large and had a working full kitchen, but only a handfull of TV channels, most all of them either sports or news. AC was either freezing me out or way too hot, even tho I wouldn't change the temp setting, so not working properly. Toilet leaked. Called front desk to get utensils for kitchen as we were told to do, waited several hours and finally went to get them myself, and didn't get everything-only plates, silverware and a couple pots. Laundry was nice, but expensive, and no soaps/dryer sheets, etc. there to purchase. I expected a vending machine offering them. My tablet refused to connect to their internet, kept telling me it was not a secure connection and my net security program would not let me connect to it. So had no internet for the week.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing. Please accept our apologies that you endured many inconveniences during your stay. Our staff will be addressed on making sure guests are receiving quality accommodations at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future so we can show you the positive strives we have made.

Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights with 30 of my employees. All accommodations were met with a smile and very helpful with all of my concerns. Front desk staff was always available when we needed them. This hotel I have stayed at every time I go to Austin for business or leisure.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My bed sheets were dirty, stained, and had hair all over them. When I pulled them all the way back to take them off there was a live roach and another type of bug in the bed.
When I visited the front desk they said the manager was gone and there was nothing they could do. I wanted to leave and stay somewhere else. I had to ask for my own clean sheets and change them myself. I was not even given pillow covers.
In the morning the coffee was stone cold and at least 1 day old, undrinkable.
Internet was so slow it was unusable, took 20 minutes to send/receive email.
When I arrived my first sight was someone filing a police report due to vandalism.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2016

This hotel needs to offer customer service training to their staff. I had to wait for someone to come to the front desk. When they arrived they said, "what you want?" I asked for more towels for my room because when they "cleaned" it they didn't replenish my towels. I was told I had to bring my dirty towels back to get new ones. I told them my room was already cleaned and they didn't leave any. Then they said they didn't have any. When I checked out, I found out that I was charged extra for the room "cleaning". Was charged $28 for that. Never was informed about that When reserving the room or checking in. Expired food for complimapentary breakfast and nothing in the kitchen area such as utensils or pots, pans or plates.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jph092281
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Thank you for completing a review for our property. I would like to apologize for the experience. It appears there are some areas where we can definitely improve, especially customer service. I will take your comments and use them to coach my staff so that you don't experience this type of treatment ever again when you visit our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful day.