“Great value”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro
Ranked #24 of 40 Speciality Lodging in Austin
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I rented a room so that I could come visit my son for his birthday and also squeeze in a doctor visit.
So after my 17yo son had his birthday lunch with me, Chinese Dim Sum. A 10 min rideshare and we found the hotel easily.
We went to check into the hotel. Even though Priceline somehow managed to cancel
the reservation. The front desk got us a great room with 2 beds. And they were comfy beds. Clean layout and having a kitchen is really nice too. I really like this place!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Christopher, thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and that you were impressed with the exceptional service provided by our Front Desk associates. I will be sure to share your compliments with them for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Bathroom fixtures around tub looked like a scene from a 70's run down hotel. Did not expect building to look run down upon arrival. Front entrance locks were missing. Management only cared to update facility w/ paint and new sleeping quarters however the both the kitchen and bathroom were run down. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I reserved a room with 2 beds for my 16 year old daughter and myself, only to get there and was given a room with one bed because that's all that was available, in which my daughter was less than enthused to share a bed with her good ole dad.

My best analogy of the hotel is, you can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day its still a pig. The Hotel looked very nice from the outside but the inside past the lobby was far from my first impression. Not only would they not discount my room from the botched reservation due to them not taking my word for what I said I reserved, that they would have to review the recorded call to see if it would constitute a discount. And this was after my 2:30 AM visit to the front desk to inform them that the battery in the smoke detector wanted to be changed indicated by a chirp every 14 seconds. I've stayed in seedy motels that were in better shape than this place. I'm not going to go into how dirty the room was and how bad it smelled I think I've shared enough.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2017

The TV has snowy channels, you have to ask for towels every day or use wet towels.
They do not clean rooms daily, so trash overflows.
No Ice maker on site, have to fill Ice trays and wait for them to harden.
I do not recommend for nay occasion!!

Room Tip: Ask at time of check in about room cleaning, was told they clean once a week!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I stayed at the Extended Stay America for two nights. I arrived early, so I needed to wait until the official check-in time before receiving a room. I did need to call for the front desk attendant to come to the front desk (there was a sign with a number to call). The first room I was given smelled like smoke, so I called the front desk and had no issues getting a second room. Fortunately, the second room didn't smell like smoke. Room was not serviced during my stay - but the front desk tells you that upfront.

The surprisingly spacious room, which is essentially a studio, came with a kitchen, a living area, a sleeping area, and a bathroom. There were stools in the kitchen to sit on, but no dining table with chairs (unless you wanted to use the table meant to be a desk as a dining table). The kitchen had a microwave and an electric stove, neither of which I used. There were utensils provided - spoons and knives, but oddly, no forks. I didn't need a fork, so I didn't call the front desk for some. There were two mugs, but no plates. There is a placard in the kitchen saying you can ask for additional kitchen equipment, but since I didn't need any I didn't ask. There is a refrigerator which made enough noise during the night to wake me up.

The bathroom was dimly lit. The shower head was at a height that it would be difficult for a really tall person (maybe anyone much over 6 feet tall) to use. The shower head wasn't really height adjustable. Shower pressure was decent and acceptable. There were about two days' worth of towels provided, as were soap and shampoo. The front desk did say that if I needed to exchange towels, to bring the used towels to the front desk to swap out. The bathroom came with a bathtub.

The TV had a few cable channels, but they were analog (not HD). Living area came with a desk with rolling chair, couch, and coffee table. There's also a dresser.

Oddly, the alarm clock was unplugged. One of the bedside lamps either didn't work or I couldn't figure out how to turn it on (it was plugged in, I checked). Bed looked clean. Bedroom/living area is carpeted, kitchen is wood flooring (possibly laminate, I'm not a flooring expert).

There is a laundry facility (didn't use), exercise equipment (didn't use), and a pool (didn't use, but it didn't look like it got a lot of use).

Breakfast is provided in the lobby, but it is fairly minimal - it consists of coffee, instant oatmeal (do-it-yourself), granola bars, and packaged muffins. You may want to leave the hotel for a more substantial breakfast.

Hotel is located close to the I-35/US 290 interchange north of town. It's close to Austin but traffic getting into the city can be bad. You will need to drive for any amenities (e.g., food) - nothing's within walking distance/walkable that I could see.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2016

The room was large and had a working full kitchen, but only a handfull of TV channels, most all of them either sports or news. AC was either freezing me out or way too hot, even tho I wouldn't change the temp setting, so not working properly. Toilet leaked. Called front desk to get utensils for kitchen as we were told to do, waited several hours and finally went to get them myself, and didn't get everything-only plates, silverware and a couple pots. Laundry was nice, but expensive, and no soaps/dryer sheets, etc. there to purchase. I expected a vending machine offering them. My tablet refused to connect to their internet, kept telling me it was not a secure connection and my net security program would not let me connect to it. So had no internet for the week.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing. Please accept our apologies that you endured many inconveniences during your stay. Our staff will be addressed on making sure guests are receiving quality accommodations at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future so we can show you the positive strives we have made.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights with 30 of my employees. All accommodations were met with a smile and very helpful with all of my concerns. Front desk staff was always available when we needed them. This hotel I have stayed at every time I go to Austin for business or leisure.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business