“Nice Place, Wonderful People, Great Food”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #42 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Littleton, Colorado
“Nice Place, Wonderful People, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

My wife's brother who was battling cancer was suddenly placed in Hospice at the Christopher House in Austin. We rushed to Austin and by chance found the Drury Inn. The hotel is older but has been completely refurbished and is very well maintained. The staff was especially friendly and very accommodating. We shared our story with the manager and he gave us a special rate for 3 rooms so our family could all be together. Our stay kept getting extended and we ended up being at the Drury Inn four nights. Each morning they serve a great hot breakfast with Texas shaped waffles, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy. In the evening they have happy hour with hot appetizers and 2 complimentary drinks. The rooms have smaller bathrooms but are otherwise large and comfortable. The beds are nice and the hotel was quiet so we slept very well. I was impressed that house keeping cleaned our room daily, made up the bed, and replaced the towels. The Texas State Patrol has some type of arrangement for officers to stay here and there were lots of State Patrol staying every night which made us feel really safe. They have a large nicely furnished lobby area for gathering, a business center, swimming pool and small fitness center. We give the Drury Inn top marks for a property in this category and would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank fkohnert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed in Nov for 4 days while visiting our son at UT. The hotel was clean and we
were pleased with our accommodations. Only a 12-15 min drive to UT and downtown
Austin. The morning breakfast buffet was great, as was the late afternoon snack/drinks.
The front desk was friendly and helpful. We inquired about the presence of a number
of Texas State trooper cars in the parking lot. Apparently, the troopers train at a nearby
facility and stay at this hotel. Can't beat a little extra security!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank TRICIAs.
Wheelock, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I hadn't stayed here for many years, and the last time was terrible. I'm happy to say that this hotel is great! They have renovated the hotel, and those changes really worked! We were there on business, but I had a lot of down time and spent most of it in the hotel. The king suite was awesome! Spacious bedroom and completely separate living area. The separate spaces made it easy for two of us to work/watch tv, read without disturbing the other. Bathroom was clean and large. I really liked the addition of the wetbar. Entertaining in the room would have been easy.
Workout facility was small, but adequate. The pool was the same. Very clean and private feeling.
I think Drury has the best hotel happy hour in Austin! A full buffet with "real" food, not just chips and salsa. Great drinks, too. Breakfast was delicious, as well.
Finally, the staff was outstanding! Very helpful and friendly.
Overall, a complete turn-around from my previous stay. I have been recommending this hotel to everyone and have already made reservations for my next business trip!

Room Tip: Get a suite, if possible. The extra room is wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is a great hotel. Just a north of UT and downtown. Their rates are good. The free hot breakfast was great, and the free food and drinks in the evening are enough to make this one of my favorite hotels in any city. It is saquiet hotel. No interior noise getting into the room. The suites are VERY spacious. Mini refrigerator, microwave and sink area with a large counter top. I go to Austin quite often since my daughter goes to college there, and I have stayed at many different hotels there, and this one is by far the best deal for your dollar. Very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. its worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Spacious, clean king suite. Free wifi. Plenty of outlets 4 electronics & you can get 2 them without moving furniture. No sign of bedbugs :). Free happy hour & breakfast. Good value. Cheap toiletries but hey, u can't have everything.

• Stayed November 2011
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were given room 120 when we arrived. The heater didn't work. We went back to the front desk and were immediately given an upgraded room at no additional cost. Wendy was extremely pleasant while checking us in the first time and while giving us a different room. That evening while getting all my equipment in order for the test I was taking the next morning, I discovered I didn't have a USB cable for my printer. We made a quick trip to Walmart, which was less than a mile away. Upon returning to the room, neither one of us could open the package. Back to the front desk to see Wendy and ask for scissors. I could tell she was incredibly busy at that time, but she was still just as pleasant as could be.

Both rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. They allow pets at this hotel and while I saw dogs being walked in the parking lot, I never heard any dogs barking at night.

This hotel is convenient to downtown Austin. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Had to check out of the dump next door, North Austin Plaza, because they did not have hot water and luckily we were able to get a room with the Drury. I say lucky because I had been having trouble locating a room for the weekend we traveled because unknown to me until arrival there was a UT home game that weekend and most hotels were full. Had gone to Austin to party with friends in celebration my birthday and the birthday of another friend in our group. Front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and was joking around with all of us. Rooms were immaculately clean and beds were extremely comfortable. Loved the happy hour with free margaritas and food. The decor is a little dated but who cares. After the horrible experience with the prior hotel it was like checking into the Ritz Carlton. Location is not bad, right off of I-35 and a short drive into Downtown. Would definitely recommend to anybody needing a room in Austin and will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends