“Home away from home”

Ranked #85 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have been staying at the courtyard arboretum for the past year. It is the staff that keeps me coming back. The team always welcomes you by name and goes out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The location of the hotel is the other reason I keep coming back. Crystal, Lindsey and Jen and their team are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the trees
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment Ms. G! You have been with us through the thick and thin of renovation and we're so proud to host you and your company in our new lobby and Bistro. I couldn't say enough about your kindness and we're all so glad you're here. It's really a privilege to take great care of you every week. See you soon -
Crystal and CY team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have been staying at the particular location since January 2010 to present March 2012! I average 6-8 nights a month at THIS location. The Staff from day 1 has been excellent, they go overboard in making sure your needs are being met. I am greeted by my Name every time I enter the door. I am known by the Management to the employees of the Bistro and Maintenace personnel.Not Once have I had a problem with a reservation and they do their very best to make sure I have the room that will most meet my needs! One time my door to my room would not close correctly and they sent maintenance right away and when I got to my room that evening I had a "goody bag" and a note of apology for my inconvenience and also a free Movie!! The Hotel is really nice especially since they have completed the new renovations in the lobby. Also the hotel is very convenient to restaurants the highway etc. I would highly recommend This Marriott Courtyard!!!

Room Tip: Just let the hotel know what your needs are and they will do their best to address and accomodate yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to cheer about our hotel and staff on TripAdvisor, Mr. R you’re the best! We've enjoyed taking great care of you for the past year, it's been a privilege, you are part of the family. Thanks for sticking with us through the renovation; we’re so proud of our new lobby and Bistro. See you next week, Crystal and CY team!
arlington, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had one minor issue with room but staff jumped on it right away. Nice stay overall.

• Stayed February 2012
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the kind notes from guests like you who make the hospitality industry a happy place :) Our team is ranked in the Top 2% of the Courtyard brand for Resolving Problems Overall and it's so great you noticed how important it was to us to make it right.
Hopefully we will see you again soon -
Crystal & CY NW Front Desk team
Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This Hotel was very nice in every way. The area was beautiful , the hotel was very nice , and the staff was very friendly , knowledgeable of surroundings , and helpful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for your comment! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Austin. We're here to serve and happy you chose us during your trip. Hopefully we'll see you again soon -
Crystal & Team Courtyard NW
Ft. Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Northwest/Arboretum. Business and personal trip. Room was clean and fresh. Walls were thin and could hear noise in hallway while others walked past room but it did not keep me awake. Nice television and room laid out nicely. I had king-size and there was a lot of space in the room. Breakfast was pricey for what was offered (cereal, yogurt, bagels and the likes) so I went out to eat and got full breakfast at IHOP nearby for the same price. Location was great on the NW side of Austin. Only took about 15 minutes to reach downtown by car on a Saturday night which I thought was great. Away from the busy street of Austin. Front desk staff were very inviting. Would stay here again. Note: I booked through Priceline "name your own price" and got a great rate, however, the regular rates were standard for the area.

Room Tip: 1st floor by back door would be very loud as the door to the stairwell slams shut hard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving us a comment on TripAdvisor! You'll be so pleased to know that our lobby and renovation are complete and this past weekend we opened the Bistro, Courtyard's new way of inviting guests to Eat. Drink. Connect. You'll find an awesome new hot breakfast menu and Starbucks coffee! We also now serve dinner, and even cocktails! Hopefully next time you're in Austin we'll see you again.
Crystal & Team Courtyard NW
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Courtyard Austin Northwest is minutes from the Arboretum. Courtyard enthusiasts will be pleased that this hotel has the latest generation rooms with the red and gold background colors. The next step is a lobby upgrade and was in progress during my visit. The construction generated noise, and the crew occupied a corner of the parking lot. The hotel made up for this inconvenience with several commendable gestures. First, I received a welcome bag with water, fruit, and cookies. Second, a complimentary breakfast was served in the meeting room. Finally, I was upgraded to an executive suite, and the extra space was welcome.

In summary, the hotel anticipated the construction issues and added several amenities. This hotel will soon represent the latest in Courtyard design. I will definitely return on my next visit to Austin and look forward to the new lobby.

Pros: Minutes from Arboretum, updated rooms, commendable hospitality

Cons: Lobby construction (nearly complete)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
It's a NEW STAY at the Courtyard Austin NW! Thank you so much for your awesome review on TripAdvisor. We are so excited about our new lobby and Bistro - can't wait to see you back again soon!
Crystal & Courtyard Team
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here to visit w/ friends and go to a UT football game. It was close to 183 and 360 without being noisy. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. I really liked that there was a fridge and microwave. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Hook 'em! Thanks so much for choosing our hotel during your visit to Austin - hopefully we'll see you again next football season - you'll love what we've done to the place! Our lobby/Bistro renovation is almost complete and there's quite a few books about UT in our new library.
See you soon-