“Excellent value for price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #86 of 197 Hotels in Austin
New York State
“Excellent value for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed here over Easter weekend while attending a wedding in Austin. The location was perfect for all that we were doing. Easy to get to and centrally located. Rooms were well decorated and very clean. Just wish it had had a fridge.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon-
Crystal & Team CY NW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I bought a deal on living social that involved a stay at Courtyard, $20 voucher at the bar, and keepsakes. The hotel was extremely clean and had a great pool area. It was an overall positive experience. I was a little worried at first due to my first impression. When my husband and I arrived at the hotel we, of course, went to the counter to check in. There was a lady in front of me in line that was also checking in. There were two registers and 3 employees behind the counter. One young lady was working hard and fast with the lady in front of me. The other two employees were talking with each other, making jokes, and talking about their plans for that weekend. Both of them could see there was a line forming behind me and kept talking. Finally, after 15 minutes, the lady looked at me and said, "Can I help you?". She took an extremely long time checking me in because she didn't know what she was doing. I could barely understand her. She finally handed me a bag and started to walk away. I had to yell at her while she was walking away to let her know I had not received my keys or told my room number. Once we got in our room it was extremely misty and moist. We called the front desk for cab information and did not receive much help. After we took a nap, we went down stairs to the bar. The employee working the bar was extremely helpful and nice. We did wish there were more people in the bar area, as it was just the two of us. We walked over to NXNW for dinner and drinks but ended up ending our night at the bar in the hotel, due to how nice the young lady was. It was a nice night overall, just not the best. We ended up checking out the next morning at 4:30am due to not being able to sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen Z
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you purchasing one of the packages on Living Social, however I am very sorry to hear about your checkin and would love to hear more about it as we strive for excellent service.
Crystal
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was a typical Marriott Courtyard and somewhat pricey because South by Southwest was taking place, but what stood out was the excellent and caring staff. I have never stayed at a hotel where I felt welcomed and part of the hotel family. I was in Austin to be with my son who had just been diagnosed with cancer. When the receptionist asked me the reason for my stay, I told her. From then on the entire staff welcomed me, took care of me, gave me little perks and left a box of candy in my room with a personal note. I have never felt that way staying in a hotel, let alone a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor - then you don't hear anyone above you.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LslLaz
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
It was such a pleasure to host you last week, we just wish it was under better circumstances! We all enjoyed having you in our home and hope that your son feels much better soon, we'll see you in May-
Kevin and CY team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

One of the best stays of our life. Clean, friendly staff, great big rooms, fantastic breakfast, Starbucks coffee, great price. Earth friendly design

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cynw1105, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thanks for making my day! SO glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to celebrate our team! It's truly important to us that guests have a great stay and we hope to see you back soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Granted, we stayed at this hotel on a busy weekend and booked it at the last minute, but the hefty price made my stay not so pleasant. The beds were doubles, not queens, and there was no complimentary breakfast. You could pay for an available breakfast, but with the overpriced room and the out of control Austin fees and taxes my stay was anything but pleasureable.
The general location of this hotel was excellent, the access from the road, not so convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry that you were visiting during a city wide sellout event and that your rate was considered too high, our weekend rates typically run $100-$130! We'd love to invite you back for a free night stay, it would be my pleasure to take care of your reservation personally. Our new Bistro serves breakfast YOUR way, meaning no more paying for items you won't eat! We've gotten rave reviews on the menu items and we even serve Starbucks coffee, you have to come back and give it a try, I promise you'll change your mind!
Crystal
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We travel to Austin several times a year especially during the University of Texas football season and we love to stay at the Courtyard in northwest Austin at the arboretum. The rooms are roomy and very clean and the personnel are all extremely friendly and attentive to our needs. Also, there are many fine restrauants in the area that we enjoy and are convienent to get to.

Room Tip: Near two fine restrauants we enjoy. Truluck's and Eddie V's
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cynw1105, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor Mr. P! We love hosting you guys during UT football season and can't wait for the first cold front and home game. HOOK EM'
See you soon, Jen and Courtyard front desk team
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The staff at the Marriott Courtyard Aboretum go out of their way to ensure your stay exceeds expectations. I stay at this Courtyard multiple times per month over the last 18 months and have found it to always be clean, quiet and comfortable. The location provides quick access to many of the technology companies based in Austin and is conveniently located 15 minutes from downtown. As a frequent traveler it is refreshing to find a staff that feels like family.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Mr. H - YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for recognizing our team and hotel, we work very hard to make sure that every guest has a great experience while they're with us. We're so happy you call us home and and proud that you have taken the time to share it wtih the traveling world on TripAdvisor! We'll see you next time -