“The Westin Austin know what it means to serve so you can relax.”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #37 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 26 March 2012

When we arrived in Austin Tuesday morning; it occurred to me that my wife would have to wait 7 hours until check-in time. So I decided to ask Sean the hotel manager if we could check-in early. He checked and there was a room available. My wife and I went to the room and went downstairs to the seminar. On my way to the seminar I wanted to give Sean a tip for getting us to our room early and he said “no thank you. It’s what we do at Westin.” I was impressed but more so during the course of the two days that Sean remembered us and greeted my wife and I each time we saw him. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and attentive. I wish I could remember all the name of the people that I had the pleasure of meeting at the Westin but I can’t. I remember the information for the seminar, the nights out with my wife and the highly enjoyable experience staying at The Westin Austin at The Domain in Austin Texas.

Room Tip: I have on stayed at two Westins and both time the rooms were great!
1  Thank james l
Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 24 March 2012

The Westin Austin at The Domain is a beautiful hotel convenient to shopping and dining. The staff is incredibly friendly (part of that is just being Texan, right?!) and the rooms are very comfortable. I've stayed here twice for business, and I think my organization receives a nightly rate of around $100-150, so I don't know what the regular rates would be for a personal trip or vacation.

1  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and the shower is great. Only negative is that the hotel is far from Austin center and that there are no bus transfers. There is a train station about 15 minute walk from hotel and train takes you to the center, but it only goes during day and not in evening and weekends. Taxi ride is approx $40.

1  Thank greenday
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Starwood properties always feature the service and ammenities that help make a trip special. The Westin at the Domain ,no exception. Erlick at the front desk was helpful ,friendly and i believe sincerely concerned with our satisfaction. Christine, the restaurant manager went out of her way to make us comfortable. Great location. The Domain is a fun place to shop, eat or just stroll .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank George R
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I'm allergic to down, so they changed the bedding within 10 minutes of overhearing me mention it it to someone else. Id didn't even know that I could ask for that. That was just typical of the kind of service we received while there and there are dozens of examples that I don't have time to type. Despite the hotel being full (with musicians and rock stars no less) our room was very quiet. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet for approx $17 with plenty of outlets to recharge your electronics while you eat. WiFi was only free in the lobby.

The property is next to a large outdoor mall that offers golf cart shuttles. The mall is upscale though and not quite full. It doesn't have is a good convenience/drug store or fast food place so if you don't have a car, you are out of luck. The front desk will call cabs and/or print out directions for you. Cabs start the meter at almost $3 though.There is a commuter train station about a mile away if you want to walk. The train only costs $1, while the cab ride costs $5-9 to get to it. The train also only comes once an hour, but compared to a $45 cab fare downtown its not bad if you can time it right.

As we were there during SXSW the rooms were very expensive, but they probably are more reasonably priced the rest of the time.

I travel fairly frequently and I have to say that this hotel should win a prize for service!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maryland0505
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Beautiful hotel. Very relaxing, from the moment you enter the lobby until the minute you leave. The staff are very caring and professional. Possibly the most helpful staff I've encountered in all my years of Westin stays. Hotel is not downtown, but centrally located. Lots of parking and easy to drive downtown. Parking is easy. It is so convenient to walk to the shops and restaurants in the Domain. Superb Westin quality at its finest. Kaylee, the front desk manager went above and beyond making certain that all of our needs were met. We were there during SXSW, and the concierge very helpful as well. Wish I'd gotten her name. We will be back!

Room Tip: Great fitness center.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mehh
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My choice to stay for business trips to Austin is the Westin at the Domain. The Westin staff are very friendly with excellent recommendations for entertainment and food in the area. The Domain is located across the street from the Bureau of Economic Geology just off MoPac Fwy and not a bad drive from the UT campus. It's also nice to be on the north side of Austin when I'm trying to return to Dallas.

1  Thank Richard L