New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Westin Austin at The Domain

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Georgetown, Texas
“Best place to stay at the Domain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We've stayed at the Westin a couple of times - usually around the time of the wine festival that is held nearby every year. The hotel is beautiful, service is great, rooms are very clean and neat. The heavenly bed is wonderful. Convenient shopping and dining right across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Visitor76502

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Slovak first
Wake Forest, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I enjoyed my week's stay at the Westin Domain. Much better than the Aloft nearby, worth the extra $$. They took care of my every need, the room was comfortable, quiet, and spacious. The bathroom was very nice as well.

The food and shopping at The Domain nearby is very nice as well. Lots of choices that are within walking distance.

Only disappointment was the price for food was ridiculous. A coworker and I had omelets for breakfast with coffee and it cost close to $40 with tip. That's insane.

I'll definitely stay here again.

1 Thank WheresTheSpa
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

When we arrived in Austin Tuesday morning; it occurred to me that my wife would have to wait 7 hours until check-in time. So I decided to ask Sean the hotel manager if we could check-in early. He checked and there was a room available. My wife and I went to the room and went downstairs to the seminar. On my way to the seminar I wanted to give Sean a tip for getting us to our room early and he said “no thank you. It’s what we do at Westin.” I was impressed but more so during the course of the two days that Sean remembered us and greeted my wife and I each time we saw him. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and attentive. I wish I could remember all the name of the people that I had the pleasure of meeting at the Westin but I can’t. I remember the information for the seminar, the nights out with my wife and the highly enjoyable experience staying at The Westin Austin at The Domain in Austin Texas.

Room Tip: I have on stayed at two Westins and both time the rooms were great!
1 Thank james l
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

The Westin Austin at The Domain is a beautiful hotel convenient to shopping and dining. The staff is incredibly friendly (part of that is just being Texan, right?!) and the rooms are very comfortable. I've stayed here twice for business, and I think my organization receives a nightly rate of around $100-150, so I don't know what the regular rates would be for a personal trip or vacation.

1 Thank Cheryl J
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and the shower is great. Only negative is that the hotel is far from Austin center and that there are no bus transfers. There is a train station about 15 minute walk from hotel and train takes you to the center, but it only goes during day and not in evening and weekends. Taxi ride is approx $40.

1 Thank greenday
Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Starwood properties always feature the service and ammenities that help make a trip special. The Westin at the Domain ,no exception. Erlick at the front desk was helpful ,friendly and i believe sincerely concerned with our satisfaction. Christine, the restaurant manager went out of her way to make us comfortable. Great location. The Domain is a fun place to shop, eat or just stroll .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank George R
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I'm allergic to down, so they changed the bedding within 10 minutes of overhearing me mention it it to someone else. Id didn't even know that I could ask for that. That was just typical of the kind of service we received while there and there are dozens of examples that I don't have time to type. Despite the hotel being full (with musicians and rock stars no less) our room was very quiet. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet for approx $17 with plenty of outlets to recharge your electronics while you eat. WiFi was only free in the lobby.

The property is next to a large outdoor mall that offers golf cart shuttles. The mall is upscale though and not quite full. It doesn't have is a good convenience/drug store or fast food place so if you don't have a car, you are out of luck. The front desk will call cabs and/or print out directions for you. Cabs start the meter at almost $3 though.There is a commuter train station about a mile away if you want to walk. The train only costs $1, while the cab ride costs $5-9 to get to it. The train also only comes once an hour, but compared to a $45 cab fare downtown its not bad if you can time it right.

As we were there during SXSW the rooms were very expensive, but they probably are more reasonably priced the rest of the time.

I travel fairly frequently and I have to say that this hotel should win a prize for service!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends