“Everything we asked for, delivered with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Austin

W Austin
Ranked #19 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Everything we asked for, delivered with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had our plans for a heavily outdoor event change at SXSW due to rain, and the staff here was so incredibly helpful that it saved our event which moved inside the W for the whole weekend. I loved the attitude of "yes we can" as their default reaction to our requests. I have put on many events at hotels, and frustration is the typical feeling they leave you with, but not here. These folks are the most helpful, first-class outfit I have ever dealt with in the hotel industry, hands-down.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the W for a wedding this past April. We had a corner suite which was great for traveling with a toddler. The price is quite high, and not sure it is worth the price. But overall we were happy with the hotel and it's location. Before arriving to the hotel, we had received a confirmation email from the W manager asking if we had any requests please feel free to email.

I knew Austin had Tiwn Lake to run around, so I asked them if they could organize a jogging stroller and a tuxedo rental for my husband. They responded back promptly, that they had a jogging stroller and would reserve it for our dates and hold it downstairs so it wouldn't clutter our room and just needed my husbands size and they would organize the tux. It was for a wedding party so they even picked up the tuxedos and returned them for us. This was a big a help.

After our 1st night and day in the room, we returned after 5pm and our hotel room had not been made up for the day, this was extremely annoying a d we noted a complaint with management, they have us a standing housekeeping appointment for 1pm, 2000 in spg reward points and a $75 bar credit. Which is all great, but I hope not a standing practice. If rooms can't be made up earlier for checked in guests, please hire more housekeeping or find another solution..

All in all, great stay..

• Stayed April 2012
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

W Hotels usually leave me cold. Their muted lighting makes elevator buttons impossible to read. But this was not the case in Austin. The elevators were well lit. The swimming pool deck was great for a cocktail event. The location is in downtown within an easy walk of the Texas capitol and Lady Bird Park. Overall, a nice location to visit and the accommodations were very nice, but not over the top.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is now my first choice for lodging whenever I'm in Austin. The location is great - right along the Lake with easy access to the running trail, Congress Avenue restaurants and the bars and restaurants along West 4th, 5th and 6th streets. The hotel itself offers a number of great spaces to relax and unwind, from the outdoor bar and pool, to the different bars and lobby area. I've had great rooms every time I've stayed there, from an amazing suite, to a good sized regular room on my last trip. To top it off, the staff is uniformly friendly and attentive, from the welcome desk, to the servers and the room attendants.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

What an experience! Loved the energy of this hotel. The evening DJ and jazz bands during the day were so cool. The lobby areas were so beautifully designed it was a pleasure just sitting there taking it all in. The cocktails were so creative, the food was fabulous(pancakes were delicious) and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were all lovely- amazingly designed and the mattress was so comfy. Even the pool area was modern and decadent! Lieing by the pool and watching the golf. Our group of 16 all had a fabulous time at the W.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
okapigirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

By the time you valet your car the front desk knows your name. When you're looking around an employee takes a detour from her task and gives you an impromptu tour. When you're pondering sushi the valet points you to the perfect place to dine within walking distance. And whether you seek solace or party the W is the place to be. Let the W pamper you. You are worth it.

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I've stayed here twice in the past year. I didn't fancy myself a "W" girl - but I'm convinced now that I am.

Each time I've left impressed. As an SPG member, I was well-taken care of by HM. I appreciated the communication, the recommendations and the fabulous corner room. I loved the big couch for lounging and talking with with sisters.

I found the courtesy car service helpful as it made getting around town much easier.

It's almost cliche, I realize, to talk about a W spa. But it was wonderful. Brian the masseuse was part physical therapist and part masseuse. Separately, he also helped my mother with her injured foot. Crazy good experience. 5-stars.

The Library bar is especially good on weekends when there is a good show in town at Austin City Limits. It's great to see the best of Texas and beyond decked out and made up to be out on the town. The same can be said for the "deck" on a sunny day.

The location really rocks. The bike/walk/run path around the lake is steps away from the hotel. I spent hours walking - both for exercise and people watching. I even saw Lance out running on a beautiful Sunday morning!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business