“Got the munchies? Try out the $12.99 3-topping pizzas after 9 PM!”

southside flying pizza
Ranked #748 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We Serve Austins Best Pizza In The Heart Of South Austin.
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Got the munchies? Try this place! Thin crispy crust, gluten free options, great specialty pizzas. Want your cardiologist to write you a thank you card? Get the Meat Pie or the Southsider. Veggie lover? Try the Zygmont, with spinach, Roma tomatoes, and portobellos with goat cheese. I have been eating here for a few years (they also have delivery) and it's consistently satisfying.

HINT: Open from 11 AM to 11 PM and if you ride your bike to the joint, you get 10% off!

2  Thank Marcus L

Reviewed October 11, 2016

Meal was great and really surprised when it was served with four good sized meatballs with good favor. My only possible complaint was it could have been a little warmer. I was really hungry so i just ate it even though I feel sure if i said anything they would have taken care of it.
Bottom line that was my first time but will not be my last.

1  Thank Greg A
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight after hearing good things. When we arrived I was surprised to see they had their own parking lot which made things much easier.

We ordered a medium specialty Pizza (I can't remember which one) and 2 waters for around $18. The staff was super friendly and our orders were completed promptly.

After eating some of our Pizza and some of our friends pizza I would say it was average at best. I certainly don't think I will battle the traffic again just to go here.

Unrelated to the food both the men's and women's bathrooms were pretty much disgusting...so my search for the best Pizza in Austin continues.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Since I was staying in the South Congress area I was looking for a place to eat. Southside came highly recommended so I decided to eat there. The interior has art for sale on the walls. Cool music was playing too.
The employees are very friendly and helpful. Lots of specialty pizzas to choose from. You can buy whole or by the slice. I ordered two slices. One was the BBQ chicken. It had jalapeños, cheese and red onions. The other was called the Dillo. It had sausage, spinach, roasted red peppers , portabellas and ricotta cheese. I was told the slices are huge but I was hungry. They were indeed huge. Each one was a 1/4 size of a whole pizza. Both were thin crust and excellent. I could barely eat one. I took the other slice to go. There's a nice selection of local beers on tap too. I tried a few different ones.
I had a great meal here. I tried pizza at a few other places in town and this place beats them all. This will be my go to pizza joint whenever I'm in Austin.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Small restaurant but great taste Pizza. We order Pepperoni & Italian sausage and it melts in your mouth. Very friendly staff and fast service. We happen to be driving by and saw the place we walk inn and we were greated right away. Don't expect a big place or fancy table but do expect great tasting pozza.

1  Thank Pablonote

Been to southside flying pizza? Share your experiences!