“Excellent Cuisine and Service ”
Review of TRIO Restaurant - CLOSED

TRIO Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cesar Chavez
Description: Please be aware that TRIO is in the midst of a significant enhancement as we work to create an exciting new concept in its space, set to open in early Fall 2018. In the meantime, enjoy the same delicious menu – centered around steak, seafood and carefully chosen wines – and flawless service in our restaurant's temporary location in the San Jacinto Ballroom and Terrace on the lake level of the hotel.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came to the Four Seasons underdressed but no one stopped us from getting a fantastic meal on our way to an outdoor concert. The restaurant is still being remodeled and is still in the ballroom, but they have tried well to make it comfortable and intimate.
More importantly, the service is fantastic. They were able to accommodate my gluten free needs very well. Our server was so knowledgeable about wine I think he was a sommelier at some point. Obviously he recommended a great one that I did enjoy. The chef even had him being an complimentary appetizer for us (zucchini flower with lemon ricotta and poblano pesto), which was very good.
Dinner itself was fantastic. My husband was able to get his filet cooked the way he likes, which most places fall short on. I had the chicken, complete with some butter sauce, and as simple as that was, it was delicious. Sides are a la carte, but also very good.
We had to skip dessert due to our plans, but when we are in town again, we will be back!!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I normally come here for breakfast (which I did again this last visit to Austin) but I stopped by with my son for appetizers after a long flight and no lunch. Their Cheese & Charcuterie tray and the Chicken Quesadilla were ideal. Match it with a nice glass of wine, and it was easy to put the stress of current airline travel in the rear view mirror. They are finishing up their renovation, but don't let that put you off--their short-term location is in one of the ballrooms on the lower level, and the service is as great as ever.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Although I’ve been here several times for dinner and happy hour I must say my favorite is brunch. From sushi to fresh made omelettes or eggs Benedict to prime rib there is no way you’re leaving here hungry. It used to be coupled with unlimited champagne or Mamosa’s but that has changed. Also, the price has gone up again. Unfortunately, the last time I was there it was unusually unpleasant. The managers took the time to address my issues and adjust my bill accordingly but other than that I was disappointed. Overall the quality and service is very good. Sit outside if you’re in the mood soak up the heat and enjoy the river view.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Went with friends for a late dinner before viewing the bats under the Congress Bridge. Although they are under renovation and had moved the location to a vacant ballroom, the food and service were fantastic. The redfish, with a delightful sauce, was buttery and delicious. Our server was attentive without being a helicopter, and his knowledge of the menu made it easy for all of us to find the perfect dish for the evening. We passed on dessert to go view the bats, but then returned and shared our desserts around the group. Wonderful full-bodied after-dinner coffee and a fabulous port for Airchef. A true Four Seasons dining experience,

Reviewed April 26, 2018

You can eat inside or out near the walk. Great service and great food. Would recommend staying here and eating at this restaurant.