All reviewsaustin airportovernight stayspacious lobbyfree shuttlenew carpetworked finesafe areabed was comfortableroom was largerental cargood sizeshuttle servicefront desk staffstayed here for one nightcomplimentary breakfastwe've stayedfitness center
Reviewed May 20, 2018

My friends and I came to Austin for a mini vacation and were very disappointed by the level of service we received from the employees of this hotel. Each of us own our hotels, therefore we know what the proper level of customer service should look like. First off, my friend’s room didn’t have a shower curtain. When she called the front desk, a man named Angel, greeted her with accusations saying that it was her fault for not checking in the first place. We came to merely sleep and shower and the hotel so we could do sightseeing. It was not our responsibility to come with our own shower curtain. Then, my water force was in my shower was so poor, but due to lack of time I didn’t call the front desk. Finally, when I had enough, I called the front desk for some sort of compensation. The desk clerk, Angel, sent up a maintenance man at 10:45 PM and we had plans and I made it clear that I was getting ready so I told him that we couldn’t let him into the room. He said that the man was leaving at 11PM and if we didn’t do anything now we would have to wait till the morning. If he had looked at our file, he would know that we were checking out in the morning. When I tried to make a comment, he very rudely told me that there was nothing he could do. I gave him my number and told him to tell the manger to call me. The next morning, as I was checking out, I attempted to talk to the manger (Erik Collins). I spoke with Ruby, who was the only nice person throughout our stay about my issues. She told me that the manager was on a call and would call me after I checked out. The manger didn’t end up calling me so I directly called him. He basically said that he needed to “gather the facts” from Angel as if I was under some sort of criminal investigation and he wouldn’t be able to talk to Angel for some time because he wasn’t working. I have yet to have a response from the manager. All in all, this was by far the worst experience I have had at any hotel. As a manager, if Erik hears a complaint, he should be able to call the person and clear the issue for us then and there. We are not going to forget what happened and let this issue drop.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Erik C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hello,

I did hear the complaint. I do have to get all the parties that were involved and hear what they have to say about the incident before I can make a responsible decision on what to do next. Thank you for choosing us and have a great week!

Reviewed May 19, 2018

We needed a hotel close to the airport since our flight left early the next morning. The hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to the airport. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes, but you must let them know in advance, since it holds only 7 people. There were 10 of us, but we had 2 young children, and squeezed in. Fortunately, there was enough room for our luggage.

The rooms were large, roomy and clean. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The only negative...if I had to say something, would be that it needed new carpet.

The common space was nice and clean. We had to leave before using the complimentary breakfast, but were able to get hot coffee. Overall, it was a good value, and we would definitely return and/or recommend.

Room Tip: Remember to reserve shuttle
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hello Paula,

Thank you so much for the review Paual. Have a great week!!

Always at your servcie,

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Stayed here one night after arriving after midnight. My room was ready upon arrival and check in was quick and easy which was good. The room was big and functional. Nothing fancy. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was what you would expect; the standard fare for this price level hotel. The internet was good. There is an airport shuttle but it stops running at 11:00pm.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Erik C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for the survey! I wish we could have really impressed you but it seems as if all was just so/so? Come back next time and ask for me...Let me make sure your stay is EXCELLENT!!! Have a great weekend!

Always at yours service,

Reviewed February 9, 2018

We chose this hotel because it offered free parking for four days when we flew back east, and had a shuttle to get us to and from the airport. The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. What made our stay the best though were the pillows. You have a choice between larger overstuffed pillows and softer thin pillows. I don't sleep very well with fat pillows, and when we travel around by car I bring my own pillow so that I can get a decent nights sleep. This time I forgot to bring it, and figured on a poor nights sleep. I need not have worried. The thinner pillow was perfect, and I got an excellent nights sleep. This is the first hotel/motel that we've stayed at that gave this choice. Someone in management should get a big year end bonus for coming up with that idea.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Erik C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Thank you! Great to see you loved our rooms, your stay and our PILLOWS!!!

Always at your service,

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

You can’t get any closer to the airport. The room was clean, but it is not in the best area. For under $80, it served its purpose. Granted, I was with my husband, so I was not worried about safety.
It’s not in a walkable area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Erik C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Hello MajorAtlanta,

Thank you for responding. Good to know all went well. So you know, the next time you stay with us there is a walking trail in front of the hotel. I'd be happy to show you. We hope to see you again soon.