See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 25, 2015

stay here for 2 nights to attend school graduation:

- breakfast is really bad experience, they don't clean the trash in can, and clean the dining table until may be 10AM , once per day.
- Oat-meal only have hot water, no milk ( I was told it is).
- Coffee, tea, Oat-meal, muffin (worst than supermarket), orange, apple is all the selection u have. Suggest to head out for breakfast.
- near the front door of the hotel also has big amount of trash spitted over the trash can, they don't clean it too, only once per day.
- in exercise room, the treadmill must be very rusty, even walking (not running) on it generate lots of noise.
- in the room itself, cleanness is medium. Room cleaning service is once per week, not daily. toilet seat also not stable. bath room has one small soap and shampoo, nothing else.
- if u want short stay next time, I will choose Hampton, or Residence Inn next time.
- lastly, when I checkin, the front desk lady go crazy about the malfunction of her front desk-phone, and almost screaming..
I thought that's the way to welcome your hotel guest ! interesting :-)

Room Tip: rear end of hotel is quiter
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LuLu4472
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2015

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast and the service you received from our staff. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure these issues are not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2015

I rarely write hotel reviews but the customer service received when checking into this hotel is what prompted me to do so.

This weekend was extremely busy for Austin with UT graduation and UIL TX State Track meet, so the hotel was very busy and housekeeping was somewhat behind on getting the rooms cleaned and ready for check in - which I am not complaining about because they are taking the time to clean them properly and not rushing.

Nonetheless, Anthony checked us in and he and the other hotel rep, Kenny, went out of their way to get me and my kids in the first rooms that became available once they were clean. I cannot thank him enough for going above and beyond. His customer service skills are spot on - very friendly, courteous and went out of his way to make us happy. I even received a follow up check-in call from him to make sure our rooms were to our liking and he again apologized for the wait while checking in.

The rooms were as advertised on the website, were very clean and comfortable. No complaints in this area.

My only recommendation is the stairways can be a little cleaner because of the traffic going in and out all the time (there was debris from the outside coming in and minor trash dumped from patrons). However, it is understandable that housekeeping cleans these areas once a day, so I am sure that it was cleaned up by the next morning after we had already checked out.

Overall, satisfied with my stay here. Don't lose Anthony and Kenny - these guys were great and hotels need staff such as them!

Rebekah Jackson

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebekah J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2015

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the stairway can be a little cleaner. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you a great stay overall. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and their excellent service. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2015

I usually do not write reviews, but some times when the service provided is extraordinary I do take a moment to give my feed back. Anthony, the person who received me and checked me in was just too friendly and courteous. In the morning when i went for my breakfast the receptionist who was on duty wished us a good morning and made sure the breakfast area was full and the coffee was hot.She even wished us a good bye and advised us to be safe on the road.( I could not read the name tag) . Overall the place is clean, tidy, neat and would give it a 10/10 .

Room Tip: Just go book your room and Enjoy!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Damidi
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad you had a great stay and that our staff went above and beyond to accommodate your needs. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2015

Quick room overview - The room was nice. It seemed to be recently renovated. Our queen bed was uncomfortably stiff (I'm not a picky sleeper, I just woke up really sore both nights). The price was reasonable for a weekend in Austin and the location was close enough to the highway to be accessible, but not too close to be noisy.

Breakfast, or the lack there of, was the reason I'm giving 3 stars. I've stayed at plenty of hotel rooms in my travels, including extended stay hotels. Coffee and granola bars? That's breakfast? How do you get away with advertising "free breakfast" on booking websites? See my attached photo for the full breakfast selection. There were also muffins, oranges, and apples, but still, the smallest breakfast selection I've ever seen.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank pvtmulholland
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2015

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the nice room and our location; however, we apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast wasn't sufficient. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at asa2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2015

I paid for this hotel three months ago, I called the hotel two days before the date of my check in, just to make sure that they have my room, just in case, they said “Yes sir, we have the room, no worries”. I also called around 2 pm the same day just to inform them that I will be checking in later, as I said before, I already have paid for my room, they said no problem, the room is ready and will wait for you. Well, that wasn't the case, I came to the lobby just to receive the “great” news that the hotel is completely booked and that they don’t have my room, WONDERFUL NEWS, after traveling all day, tired, that’s all that I need to hear. To compromise, they had another room for me in their other location, ten miles away. I got back to my car, drove the ten miles, including driving on toll road that I was avoiding the whole day just to pay fine to the rental car agency for $25. All and all I would never go back to this hotel, and I will never recommend to any of my friends. For the money that I paid (three months in advance) I don’t deserve that kind of treatment.

Room Tip: Don't go here, bad customer service.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kosta-Macedonia
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond to your concerns regarding your recent reservation with us. First, I want sincerely apologize that we were unable to honor your reservation at our hotel. Second, in response to your feedback, I am going to make changes to the way that we manage our inventory at our property. I understand that we did not meet your expectations for guest service and we should always be proactive in letting someone know if their reservation is being transferred to another location by contacting them ahead of time. I apologize that we failed to afford you this courtesy and we acknowledge how frustrating and difficult this must have been for you. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention and please let me know if you have any additional feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me at asa@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience, the next time you’re in the Austin area.