“Nothing you should buy, but a few things you should look at”
Review of Uncommon Objects

Uncommon Objects
Ranked #7 of 115 Shopping in Austin
Reviewed 11 May 2017

There were a few fascinating things I enjoyed looking at here, but nothing I would ever want to buy. Nice place to visit and take a break from the sunlight, but the hallways are pretty tiny and there are fragile things, so don't take children in here.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Nothing makes you feel less welcome than being called out in front of a large crowd for having a small backpack purse. I WANT to give this store a high rating just because of all of the interesting things inside, but one of the employees embarrassed me by ordering me to wear my purse in front of my body in front of a bunch of shoppers. Did he think I wanted to steal or did he want to protect the items from being knocked over by my little backpack purse? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that it ruined the experience. I just wanted to leave quickly. I wont be visiting again because of this and because of the terrible parking.

3  Thank K D
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I am not one to browse through stores very often but I found Uncommon Objects fantastic. The whole store has great items that will make you want to find a place in your home. If in the area then stop in! I You

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

When in Austin I usually visit Uncommon Objects at least once during my stay. This store is a hub of all things vintage and retro. You really feel like you're in a time warp and this place gives off really unique vibes. They have hoards of vintage knick knacks and home decor items, plus old timey novelties and trinkets. It takes a while to browse everything they have. Some stuff doesn't make quite enough sense, some stuff will make you chuckle, some stuff will make you scratch your head, haha. What I love about coming here is you never know what oddities and treasures you will find. The antiques here are quite costly so bring your wallet if you're collecting a new piece of history to take back home with you.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I'd agree with previous comments about the pricing sometimes tending towards the ridiculous. However, there are some more reasonably priced items if you're prepared to root through. Not cheap, but then they are located in South Congress so that's not really a surprise. Even if you don't buy anything, though, it's an incredible place to walk through and marvel at some of the bizarre and nostalgic items on display. It can get busy on weekends and particularly after the brunch rush, so later in the afternoon or earlier in the morning tends to be better if you want space to search through. The staff have always been very friendly to me - last time I had a nice chat with a lady about some shell boxes they had that took me straight back to my childhood.