“The Best Indian Restaurant”
Review of Royal India - CLOSED

Royal India
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brodie Ln & West Gate
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The service is fantastic. The food is great. I have never tasty such good fresh food. It seems like they prepare/blend/grind spices the same day. The taste is so fresh. The atmosphere is very tradional Indian with soft music playing in the back ground. One must visit this restaurant while in Austin Texas.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

went for a family dinner & all of us ended up with diarrhea & cramps the very next morning. Very disappointed.
The service is nice though, I will give them that.
Definitely not going back.

1  Thank gar3
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We ordered takeaway from Royal India and enjoyed every dish. The pappadum ($2) were crispy and tasty. The butter chicken ($14), lamb saag ($15), and garlic naan ($3.50) all exceeded expectations. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The buffet was one of the best Indian buffets that I have eaten at. There was about 20 choices and a small salad bar.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I'm not an expert on Indian food; some reviews say the food offered here is tempered for the American and palette which it may be, but my husband and I certainly enjoyed it. Probably the best Indian food we've had and plenty of it. Nice atmosphere, gracious, friendly staff. We were staying in the hotel right next door and would certain eat here again should we ever be back in the area. Lunch buffet about $24 for two of us with tax.