“If you are going to cheat on your diet...”

Gourdough's Public House
Ranked #30 of 4,190 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite places to eat when we are in Austin. We always like to try something new on the menu. The drinks are great, the selections on the menu are fun and original, and the service is good. The "whichever" bathrooms are meh, sorry not a fan, even though I know this is what many restaurants are doing.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Yum.....different, but worth the trip. Get the Ring of Fire for dessert, if you like chocolate with some spicy!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Do not go here if you are watching your diet or want specialty GF or dairy free options (possibly salads). If you are ready to treat yourself...RUN!! The hamburgers are awesome. Yes you can ask for a lettuce wrap instead of the doughnut bun, but went for the whole thing! The doughnut bun is not glazed, like I thought it would be. The dessert doughnuts are off the charts yummy, but be prepared for sugar overload!! And I think I'm pretty tough when it comes to excess sugar! Only downside was the beer list was pretty skimpy and not to our taste. No cider options. This place is definitely a splurge for me!

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

First time to try Gourdough’s! My husband ordered the Drunken Hunk and loved it! He said the meatloaf was awesome! It was so much food! I had the Country Clucker and it was delicious! The chicken was tender, the corn was great and the donut was super crispy! Now for the Salty Balls. OH MY WORD! It was a delicious! If you like salted caramel anything this is a must!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

*DISCLAIMER* I might sell one of my kidneys for doughnuts - for real I love doughnuts.

This place was awesome! Got the mozzarella appetizers - they were bigger than I thought they would be, it was fine, we just cut them up to share. Dinner was the Ron Burgundy (pic included) which was tasty. The fried doughnut bun added some serious heft to the burger and added to the texture of a pretty good burger. Both of the dishes were delicious.

I shouldn't have gotten either of them.

I should have skipped everything and just ordered dessert. Split three options in our group, Miss Shortcake, Maple Bacon and Blackberry Honey. You'll notice the only name I remember off the top of head is the Miss Shortcake. It was the best doughnut type thing I've EVER had. For real. It was so good I didn't even stop to grab a picture of it. I. Just. Kept. Eating.

For sure will be brining folks here when visiting - great beer selection and delicious food. Can't go wrong.