“One of the best vegan restaurants in the ATX!”
Review of Bouldin Creek Cafe

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Its hard to complain about something that tastes so great once it hits your lips! The Bouldin Creek Cafe certainly was the surprise of my time in Austin!

Now first, the slightly bad news- parking sucks here. Traditionally, this location had four parking spots at the old location across the street. Here, its slightly better with a handful in front on the street, and about a dozen or so within the back. Per the management, its easier to park on South 1st Street, or further along within the alley. Just be mindful of residential areas & other small businesses.

The food- WOW! I had the misconception that most vegan restaurants had food that tasted really bland, and looked unappealing. Not here. The Joe's Smokin' Omelette had a good portion of spinach & cheese that cured any hunger pains, yet the homemade pesto was what really made the meal really exceptional. I mean, DAYUM! I wanted to take the pesto home and use it on my turkey & rye, as well as brush my teeth with it! That's how good it was.

Bouldin Creek Cafe's signature staple may be the blueberry cornbread. Now anyone can make this, yet Bouldin does a good job in not making it as hard as a brick, and not soft as a marshmallow either. Its just right. Add in some butter and syrup, and you are about to have a delectable dessert as your dining experience at any time of day.

Breakfast is available all day, and alcohol from beer & wine is served here as well. I'm uncertain if spirits are available, yet I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Customer service is really good with attentive (as well as attractive) servers that make insightful recommendations.

FYI, this place stays busy nearly all the time, meaning that it is loud AF inside. There is outdoor seating available in a light mist, yet do you really want to eat outdoors during day hours in Texas? Its up to you. The bathroom art is actually "interesting", yet this is what makes Austin unique.

Welcome to some of Austin's best eating!

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We came here for breakfast before heading on out of town. This is truly a vegetarian/vegan establishment.

We came for the breakfast tacos but I got distracted by the omelettes and pastries. I ended up ordering the house omelette. Comes with cheddar-jack cheese, spinach, garlic, onion and mushrooms but, BIG SURPRISE, the spinach is on the outside! This was an amazing epiphany for me. By putting the spinach on the outside it dries up and doesn't lead to a soggy mess. Not sure I could duplicate it on my own but I sure did love it!

Both my daughter and I noticed the very enticing pastries on the way in. We each got one of the over sized cookies for the road. All the food here was very good!

Service was good and we had no complaints. They do have their own parking lot which was convenient.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Was really satisfied with the bbq options and service, great place to visit with friends, all meat was fresh and cooked to perfection, definitely will visit again, on my next trip to Ausit

Reviewed June 10, 2018

I just came back from Austin and I'm in love. Bouldin Creek Café was one of the reasons. I ordered orange juice and the Wanna B.L.T.A. (with added vegan American cheese) and I had a side of chips and salsa. The sandwich also came with pickles on the side. Everything was so good!

I really wanted the blueberry cornbread, but I was just too full and satisfied to eat anything else. I guess that gives me a reason to go back.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

This restaurant was recommended by our AirBnB landlady as a place to visit in Bouldin. The service was very good (nicely attentive) and we had a good breakfast.