“Similar to Home Slice, but without the wait or ambiance.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is very good New York style pizza in a strip mall in SW Austin. When you don't have the time to wait at Home Slice (or in my case, don't want to deal with SXSW traffic), this is a decent alternative. We had a Lasagna Pizza and Greek salad, and the ricotta and meatball toppings on our pizza were very good. We picked up our to-go order to dine at home, and I'm glad we did. They do not sell wine/beer/alcohol, and Subways have better atmosphere. The only real concern I had while I waited for my order to be prepared is that one of their line cooks appeared very dirty: not the dirty one gets from making pizzas to order all afternoon, but dirty as if he'd been living in the streets for weeks. His clothes were filthy; if I had been managing the store when he showed up for work, he'd have been sent home. However, they did have a "Now Hiring" sign in the window, so perhaps they were desperate.

There are newer reviews for Yaghi's New York Pizzeria

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I left NYC a long time ago, and didn't return until I bit into one of their NY Pizzas. This is the real deal. Brought me back to my teenage years, sitting around with friends in a NY pizza parlor. Decent prices and fast delivery. Who could ask for more. Badda bing!

Reviewed 4 December 2010

Wanted to love this place, we really did. We've been dying to find good pizza since moving here a year ago. Yaghi's is OK - but nothing more. Crust was pretty decent, but the toppings were the biggest disappointment -- including canned mushrooms and "ham" that was completely bizarre and looked like cubed hot dogs. Still looking for good pizza in Austin. So far Home Slice is the best but even they're nothing special, they're just the best out of very mediocre choices.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

This pizza is OK, not much flavor in the sauce, or substance to the thin crust. Decent mozzarella. Great choice for kids I suppose. Not like there are any other good choices around Austin.