“Best Fried Rice in Austin!”
Review of Tan My Restaurant

Tan My Restaurant
Ranked #439 of 4,311 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I found this hole in the wall when I was in high school around 2002. Everything on the menu is great but my favorite is the combination fried rice, it is the best I had in Austin I keep coming back. The egg rolls and flat noodle are super delicious too.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This place is nothing pretty to look at and it not in a great area, but the food is beyond amazing!!!! The cruncy flat noodles are to die for, spring rolls, amazing, peanut sauce, delicious and #44, tofu vermicelli...well, there are just no words! This is not a place I would have visited but a Vietnamese friend took me here and I have been back 10 times! You will not be sorry! Do youself a favor and visit Tan My, you will be so happy you did!!! Fresh, delicious and authentic! You can't beat it!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

This place was fantAstic, the spring rolls were excellent!! The peanut sauce was delicious
The PHO wAs wonderful!
Very generous portions, I had a small PHO and it was an entire reach delicious meal!!
The servers were very nice and welcoming.
Do not let the look of the place effect your decision.... You will be happy after you seat and enjoy your meal.
For sure will come back!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I drove 25 minutes to get here just to eat the "hu tieu dai thap cam." Pho is more well-known than hu tieu, however, I prefer hu tieu and bun rieu to pho. This is one of the few restaurants that offers hu tieu with the translucent glass noodles. I ate my entire large bowl. Only ingredient missing was ground pork; nice to see the soft rings of calamari and fried shrimp dumpling in the bowl. I liked the that the char siu pork was thinly slice vs. being thicker strips.

Tables fill up at lunch time! Waiters come around often to fill water glasses. Our food came out within 5-10 minutes of ordering. Didn't see a Kids Menu so I ordered a regular size adult portion of "bun cha gio" and had my kids split it into two bowls.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Four of us had dinner there last night. I had the combo fried rice, while my three companions all had bun. We all enjoyed the food. We all had Spring Rolls which were excellent! The place is very simply decorated (it's in a strip center with a laundromat). Prices were very reasonable. No alcohol. I'd go back!

Date of visit: July 2016