“Turned my day right around”
Review of Go Go Gourmet

Go Go Gourmet
Ranked #781 of 3,851 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I had just finished travelling all day and wasn't in the best mood. Then, I visited the Go Go Gourmet just down the road from our VRBO and my day was turned around instantly! An incredibly friendly fellow greeted us and helped us order. We enjoyed a delicious home cooked meal and were given a nice run down of all that was around us. I wish everyone was like this man. Definitely check this place out if you're in town.

1  Thank McEwan8

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We happened to stumble across this place on TripAdvisor and saw how close it was to our place! You wouldn't know it was a restaurant from the outside!

There is a number of pre-cooked foods to choose from to make your plate! Everything tastes so great! It totally made our day!

Everyone was so friendly and helpful! We highly recommended the Go Go Goirmet!

Reviewed 4 November 2016

This is a tiny little place on 31st right next to the Speedway Market. In fact at first glance you think they are connected.

There is some parking right out front.

Inside is a counter with chairs and one large table and chairs. It's by no means a pristine soulless modern place. It's is filled with an eclectic mish mash of posters/art/LP's all over the place. It's an open kitchen so you can what's happening.

We were there for dinner and it appeared that our only choice of food was a wide array of already prepared dishes in a cooler. We could chose a la crate or get the special of an entree and sides. There was quite an array of choices including vegetarian options. I got the tuna and a side of brussels sprouts. My hubby got chicken Parmesan, fresh asparagus and a baked potato. We opted to eat there and our plates of food were brought to us piping hot. The food was delicious. We then decided to get cherry pie- it was tart -just the way I like it.

The owner was delightful- helpful and nice to talk to.

While we were eating several students came in to get food- some ate there and others took their food away. The owner greeted them all by name and had a little conversation. It was so nice to see such personal service!

1  Thank Jen78703
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

This is the best food in Austin. Austin has some great restaurants and it has its neighborhood secret meeting spots. This place combines them both! Everything is ready to eat there or to take home to fool others that you possess some hidden culinary skills. I recommend eating there to get to now the person with the real culinary skills. You will feel like a neighborhood local. You won't believe you ate so well on so little money.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

This is a small storefront restaurant in a neighborhood setting. There is a cafe counter and one large table. The decor is quirky and happy, fitting the demeanor of the owner and the friendly vibe of the place. I wish I had caught the owner's name. He was so welcoming that it gave you feeling you were in his home rather than a business. And the food!!!! Heaven on earth. An a la carte menu where you put together your meal. From traditional fare (chicken parmesan, mac & cheese) to slightly more "exotic" (melon and berry salad with mint and honey, sliced sweet potato with yogurt and pesto chutney) our only difficulty was not choosing one of everything. There were also desserts made by his wife- I think I did take one of everything....Highly recommend this lovely establishment.

1  Thank TxKiki

Been to Go Go Gourmet? Share your experiences!