“VERY pricey mexican food”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #246 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. Johns
Reviewed 6 June 2017

the food is good - but WAY too pricey.
we had a large group of 20 and we made a reservation the day prior so we didn't just show up but our server just didn't seem to like dealing with our large group. he didn't even want to take our drink orders until everyone arrived and then told us not to move seats or else the check will be wrong. just seemed as if we were inconveniencing him the whole time.
As i said - food was good - but $18 for 3 enchiladas is somewhat absurd to me. I could have the exact same meal for $10-12 anywhere else and they would be just as good.
way too many good food options in Austin to return here.

1  Thank foodiemom141
There are newer reviews for Pappasito's Cantina

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My group picked up an order to go of beef and chicken fajitas for 6 people. The food came in wonderful nonspill containers. With food to go there is always a concern of food spilling in the car - but not with these containers. The package of food included 20 tortillas, hot sauce, fresh chopped onion and tomato, rice, beans, and the meat. The whole meal was enjoyable by all persons in my group.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Mainly a place for large family or large group. Loud, very expensive...two taco dinner, chicken quesadilla and two soft drinks ...41 bucks. Not that good..

1  Thank colesloough
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

First of all we came early and they were understaffed so we waited forever for a table however, they had empty tables everywhere and people before us were getting seated. Then the manager finally sat us at one of the same open tables. He did bring free guacamole and queso but our experience still wasn't great. Our waiter was super slow and I ordered borracho beans and got refried. The butter sauce came super late. My friend had a hair in her rice which kind of killed the vibe for everyone. Wasn't too satisfied. The salsa is decent. The guacamole and queso weren't anything to brag about. Not my favorite mexican food at all. The chicken rellano was okay way better than the beef. I wasn't a fan of the flavor of the beef.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch and had to wait 45 min for a table. But the food was delicious and the waitress was wonderful. She was super busy, but very attentive.