“Just O.K. Expensive for type of food. Loud.”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #192 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. Johns
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Average food. Pricey, for average Tex-Mex. Wait staff was very slow. Had to hunt them down twice. Would not eat here again.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Great food. Excellent service but very, very loud atmosphere! Go for the food but not if you want to have a conversation with your table mates!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

The food was good. I didn't care much for the salsa. Seems like they dumped too much pepper in it. I had a gift card, so I wasn't worried about the price. I was trying to spend the whole thing. Given that, I wouldn't normally have paid $20 for a couple of enchiladas or $29 for fajitas.

The meat for the fajitas stated "beef" and I received medium rare steak, which was a good surprise. So the meat in my fajitas was great.

The decor was good, but the tables are packed in tight with no separation between them. Luckily we were on the edge, but I wouldn't want to be sitting in the middle. I think some people like the festive atmosphere and it seemed like a good place for large groups. There was nowhere to have a quiet dinner tucked away in a booth.

They have beers on tap and a few local ones I haven't tried. Price for that was a little on the high end too. $5.95 for a regular size beer.

I would rate higher if it weren't for the price and the loud atmosphere, surrounded by other families. The food itself was good.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We used to dine here pretty often since the 90s. The last couple years were not pleasant. We were dine here to celebrate my 9 years old birthday. The fajita was awesome perfect (juicy and sizzling at our table). The margaritas was also perfect with the right amount of alcohol. But then Rafa*l Na*r / mgr came to our table and make sure that we are happy w/ the foods. When he find out that we came to celebrate our daughter BD then he send the mariachi band to play and make some noise to celebrate.

We had an awesome dinner and BD celebration. Thank you Rafa*l !!!

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

The quality of food here is top. There is s good variety of options for all dietary needs. Service is very good. Waitress was friendly and attentive. Many returns with water, tea, chips, etc. Lunch fajitas were very good and generous. Others in group enjoyed their food. Tables are close together. Price is relatively expensive for Tex-Mex.

Been to Pappasito's Cantina? Share your experiences!