“Unexpected jewel....”

Ranked #71 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Corpus Christi, TX
“Unexpected jewel....”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I am still staying at the Super 8 Austin and may never leave! It is soooooo nice. There is a library in the lobby and we had 2 books already in our room. The rooms and public areas are squeaky clean. The room is decorated and appointed like much more expensive hotels are. The beds are great, the sheets and linens are higher end. The bathroom is the best. The shower has 2 heads, one wall mounted with 2 different sprays and the other is adjustable height hand held with 6 sprays. There is also a phone in bathroom. The usual shampoo and conditioner are next to the shower cap, toothpaste, 3 soaps and a cute little bud vase.
There is a cuisinart coffee pot in the room as well as a refrigerator and microwave. Free wifi, a lap desk, a regular desk with phone along with a phone beside the bed, and a business center downstairs. There is free breakfast with waffles.....from 6 to 10. There are cappucino machines in the lobby and the breakfast room. I did not check out the exercise area or know if there is a pool. I will be back here every time come to Austin.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank txoilworker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Faribault, MN
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This place was great! Everything was very clean, the food was great. The best part is that the staff was very kind and very accomdating. We took a family of 8 people down, and we didn't have any problems. Or if we did, they didn't mind helping us out. Our group of 8 was looking for a room to play some board games in, and they would let us use their breakfast room! Whenever I go to Austin, I know where I am staying at. I would for sure go back, and highly recommend this to anyone who needs a nice, affordable, acommodating place to stay in Austin. This place couldn't have been better!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam W
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just returned from a stay at Super 8 South Austin. What a great place!!! The price is very rea!
reasonable and you get many more amenities than you get at your pricier hotels: Free shuttle to the airport, free breakfast (including Belgian waffles); free gift basket in your room; Nintendo WII; exercise room and sauna; massage chair; fresh baked cookies every night; book and DVD library. I know I probably missed something - oh yeah a therapeutic bed and pillows!

Once of the perks I enjoyed the most is the series of faith and daily meditation affirming messages found on the hotel's channel in the early morning hours as well as in the lobby - definitely worth giving a few minutes to read

Finally, the staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Whenever I'm in Austin, I will definitely stay here!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mazee1
Rocky River
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

Typically one would expect only the basics from this type of chain and price point. We stayed here based on the reviews and where not disappointed. The room and hotel was very clean the staff professional and organized. Unexpected pleasures like the choice of pillows and the very complete breakfast are typically seen at much more expensive hotels. I particularly liked the coffee machine at breakfast. The location suited our needs not far from downtown. The only negative was a somewhat mysterious wet spot on the carpet by the closet cubby where the ironing board was it persisted all 3 days ?? We would definitely stay here again

Stayed March 2012
Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A couple years ago we took a last minute road trip to Austin. Due to last minute planning, most of our "go-to" hotel choices had no vacancies. We happened to see this hotel, they had a vacancy and it was reasonably priced, so we stayed there. As a result of that wonderful stay, Super 8 Austin Airport-South has become our "go-to" hotel when we visit Austin. Beautiful establishment, very clean, great amenities! They even provide great extras like free gourmet coffee and snacks, a massage chair, shoe shine machine in the lobby. There is a book case of books one may borrow and there is usually a book placed in the room. All rooms I have stayed in have a dvd player and vcr and there are movies that may be checked out. Very kind, thoughtful and helpful staff. I plan on staying there many times in the future!

Room Tip: We have stayed in double/double, king and even the jacuzzi suite and ALLLL are great!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Samantha S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Excellent attention to detail. Friendly staff. Stayed there on a business trip. last time I was in Austin, I stayed at W, a fancy downtown hotel. I liked this hotel better. Hot complimentary breakfast. Coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room. Clean. Convenient. I had a whirlpool jacuzzi in my room. From now on, when I go to Austin, I will stay here. If you prefer substance over flash, this is the place. If you want to pay for flashy cache, then stay at W downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the king sized rooms with the whirlpool jacuzzi.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard F
Chicago
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We attended a convention in Austin and we have no choice but to stay in this hotel as everyone is full. We did not regret to stay here because it was clean and Well organized. The hallways smells fresh, clean and well decorated. As we get to the room, I was impressed by the cleanliness as well and with the many amenities. The room has microwave ,fridge, coffee maker including shoe polisher and make up remover. I have never seen 4 phones in one room and tv in the elevator. We were tired and hungry and they welcome us with a free cookies and free water. The breakfast room is also nice and clean. There is always snack in the lobby. It is also good to know that they provide free shuttle to and from the airport as long as you call them in advance. I will choose this hotel if I come back to Austin , but I will make sure I have a car to get around coz it is about 2 miles to go to stores and about 7 miles to downtown. It took us 2 bus transfers to get to downtown. Our experience with the staffs are excellent.they are very courteous and helpful. By the way if you get hungry wendys and jack in the box is close by.Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room and family room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple