“Comfortable and pleasant”

Ranked #54 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Lubbock, Texas
“Comfortable and pleasant”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

A group of us stayed here for a wedding and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and accommodating, especially Ruth on the nightshift who went out of her way to make our group feel welcome. Thank you Ruth for taking such good care of our group!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Austin on behalf of the entire staff. I shared your nice comments with Ruth and you completely made her day. We can't wait to have you back with us again. We hope to see you soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I traveled to Austin with a few friends of mine this past weekend to enjoy the nightlife this city has to offer. The hotel was extremely comfortable and clean. Also, the hotel staff members were nothing less than pleasant, friendly, and extremely helpful! The hotel is easily accessible from the interstate and close to many restaurants and city attractions. I was extremely pleased.

Besides being extremely pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the hotel stay, one of the team members went above and beyond to help me out. I had gone shopping earlier in the day and the store left the security tag WIRED to my shoe. I took my shoes and receipt to prove that I had bought them to the front desk and asked to borrow some scissors. After struggling with the tag for a while, I decided to give up. Josh, one of the hotel staff members, took my shoes and continued working on the wires. He eventually was able to clip the tag off of my shoe so that i could wear them out for the evening. Now that's what I call service. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so very much for your lovely review of the Wyndham Garden Austin property and staff. It means a lot to all of us that you took the time to mention the individual attention and care that Josh took with your shoes. We have a lot of fun here and do our best to make sure our customers do to. We hope to see you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed here for four nights in April 2012. This was our second stay at the Wyndham. We had the same pleasant stay we had last time--big bed with lots of pillows, clean room, nice TV with a good selection of channels, and my wife ordered a burger from room service and was happy with the quality and the price. We got the room at a very attractive price on Priceline.
Last time I reported that the carpets needed replacing because we could hear a lot of noise from the hall. The hall carpeting was replaced, and it's much thicker and prettier than the old hall carpets. Because of the thickness, it blocked the space on the bottom of our room door better, so it really helped in keeping the noise down compared to last time.
Since we had as nice a stay as last time and the hotel did respond to my previous comment about the hall carpets, I'm bumping up my score one level. Thanks for listening, Wyndham Folk!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin. Thanks for your nice notations regarding our new carpets. We were very excited to replace all the hall carpeting at the end of last year and we also added new drapes to all our guest rooms. I'm so glad they helped make your stay so enjoyable. I'm also happy to hear you tried our restaurant, ReVive. The burgers are one of my favorite things on our menu. I hope we'll get to see you and your family again soon.
Lubbock
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Wyndham was extremely comfortable. You have to drive every where and when you type in the address into GPS, it brings up two options. You have to select the one with South I-35 or you will get lost. Other than that, everyone had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are all glad to hear you had a great stay. GPS can sometimes be difficult with us having a highway address. Entering the intersection of IH35 and Woodward will get you to us as well as typing in 1600 Woodward. I hope these tips help. I look forward to your next visit to Austin and to the Wyndham Garden Austin.
League City, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We loved our stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. Not only was it close to lots of restaurants, it's easy access to the interstate made it a great location for us. We upgraded to a suite, and we were so glad we did. The spacious unit offered a fold out couch plus a flat screen tv! The beds were very comfortable as well. The full service kitchen came complete with a dishwasher, very unusual in most hotel suites. Booking online through the hotel's website offered us even more of a discount, so the entire stay was very affordable.

Room Tip: Suites are on the ground floor, near the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin and our spacious suites. We do our very best to make sure we have rooms and services for every type of traveler and I'm so pleased to hear your family enjoyed your visit. I hope you'll get to come back soon and take advantage of the lovely weather by chilling out by our pool. Don't forget, we've got a phone poolside so you can order room service out to the pool area.
BeWell,
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our overnight stay in Austin. We were a little hesitant considering some of the reviews, but decided to give it a try. Glad we did. The only bad incident we encountered was when we first arrived, the toilet did not flush. All it took was one call to the front desk & maintenance was up to the room shortly after. Toilet was fixed and our stay was without further incident. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear johneric76,
I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate you taking the time to leave the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin a review online. It means a lot to all of us that you mention the quick and attentive service you received for your room repair. Items do need to be repaired at all hotels and we pride ourselves in making sure that every team member quickly communicates to the proper department our guest needs so that we can address any requests or repairs quickly and efficiently. Thank you from all of us and we hope to see you again soon.
Irvine, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I loved the location and the facilities at this hotel. It was very clean and the service was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing the Wyndham Garden Austin. We all read your comments and take every one as an opportunity to be better. Your wonderful review makes us all smile. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again.