All reviews champions restaurant great location front desk full kitchen small indoor pool free breakfast within walking distance one bedroom suite stove top self parking small kitchen living area corner room austin downtown would stay here again fresh fruit whole foods
Reviewed September 28, 2017

As a Marriott Platinum Guest, I usually love staying at Residence Inns, but not this one.

I ordered room service after checking in and started eating and got on a long conference call. The rest was on the kitchen counter while I ate t the table. After my call, I was shocked to find roaches all over the kitchen. I asked to be moved to a different floor. The second room was fine, but I was surprised that there was no follow-up call from the manager to see if the second room was okay, no offer of points or to replace the meal that I could not finish, etc.

The Room Service food quality and the free Breakfast food quality is excellent. The downside of the breakfast is that it is served in the Champion's bar/restaurant so you are eating in an area that smells like stale beer. I asked for a to go container and took my breakfast back to my (second) room and ate there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jack3806
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you, for your review. I would like to apologize for any frustrations you may have experienced during your stay. We wish nothing more than for all of our guests to have the best experience possible while staying with us and hearing anything less is disheartening. Learning that we have fallen short of your expectations is something we never wish to hear from a guest and we do apologize. We can only hope that one day you will return and allow us the opportunity to serve you once again so that you may see firsthand that our guests and their experience with us are truly our greatest concern. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

This was my 7th time to stay at this hotel and I was pleased with the majority of my stay. The front desk staff were friendly and attentive and the room was clean as well. We did have an issue with the door being broken but it was quickly rectified by the staff. My one complaint lies with the valet staff. It seems that a different company(?) now runs the valet and the service is noticeably different. Most of the valet was friendly but they seemed disorganized and overwhelmed. Otherwise, the stay was pleasant!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank amlowery88
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that our location made it easy and convenient for your travels and to the numerous attractions in Austin. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

My room was outstanding and had everything I could ever need including a full kitchen. All of the facilities were very good except for the pool which wasn't appealing in the slightest. Reception staff were incredibly kind and helpful and the hotel is really well located meaning only a short walk is needed to find a good restaurant.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Dan5515
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Reviewed September 6, 2017

was told no breakfast because we were on wrong side was told prices for rooms were different looked prices and they were right ours was higher with no breakfast . we were charged a day that was already paid for by business. had to ask for towels and bed changes worst three days ina motel ever had

Room Tip: make sure you go over bill they trie to charge us for movie we did not order
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Valorie F
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Valerie F,

Nothing disappoints us more than reading a review such as yours. We wish nothing more than for all of our guests to have the best experience possible while staying with us and hearing anything less is disheartening. Learning that we have fallen short of your expectations is something we never wish to hear from a guest and we do apologize. We can only hope that one day you will return and allow us the opportunity to serve you once again so that you may see firsthand that our guests and their experience with us are truly our greatest concern. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Stayed here for a conference and the proximity to the convention center was excellent. Front desk staff were very attentive, welcoming and friendly (Rea was the best). Spacious rooms and always helpful to have kitchen facilities on an extended trip, The included breakfast at the Champions was quite good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank fcad
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017