All reviews champions restaurant great location front desk full kitchen small indoor pool free breakfast within walking distance one bedroom suite stove top self parking small kitchen living area corner room austin downtown would stay here again fresh fruit whole foods
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I travel w the military and this hotel wouldn't upgrade me because I used the military rate. I went to the reservation site and verified that rooms above my choice were available. I wdont think i would stay at this hotel again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Cw3_b,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your candor. Your comments will be shared with our entire team to make certain that our staff is committed to delivering top-notch service to our valued guests, which has always been our number one priority. It is clear we missed chances to make your stay a truly memorable experience and for that we are sorry. We hope you’ll reconsider a future stay the next time you’re in the area so that we may change your impression of our property.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

The room, a one br suite, was huge w/queen bedroom plus living room w/sofa, chair, desk, kitchen table, full fridge, micro, sink, and utensils in kitchen. This part was great! But the free breakfast we received was tired and full of high carbs/no vegetables. The hotel is less than a block from the inexpensive and reliable Bus 100 to and from the airport/University. Regarding our wakeup call, after 4 mistakes with, we gave up asking for a walkup call. Getting woken up at 2 am by mistake is not funny. Not getting a 7 am call is also not funny. Wakeup call came at 7 pm instead. The in-room alarm clock is annoyingly bright with a huge light that is always on. The staff at the front desk is constantly greeting you when you enter or pass by to the point where you might really be on a cruise. The bfkst servers hang around for a tip to the point of annoyance. Don't pick up my coffee cup before I even have a sip! The room cleaners were good but I had to leave a note to get enough shampoo and towels.

Room Tip: corner! Away from the elevator.

Dear CR,

Thank you for taking the time to write your candid review. We take all comments to heart; it unacceptable that we did not get your wake up calls correct. We did have a glitch inour automated system which was only detected during your stay. We will share your comments with our staff so that we can better improve the guest experience. Again, our apologies that we missed a key opportunity to make your stay the exceptional experience that we strive to do with each and every guest. Please consider a future stay so that we may have another chance to change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Just stayed here last week for a conference at the Austin Convention Center, directly across the street. Perfect. And Champions bar has a door on the corner facing the CC so it works really well.
The staff at the hotel is very friendly. I had my requests all handled easily and promptly.
Breakfast was included and it's not fancy but it was good.
The room was a good sized. Just what you'd expect from a Residence Inn.
Went with the Green Option. got points.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that our location made it easy and convenient for your travels and to the numerous attractions in Austin. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I recently stayed in Austin for a few days for a convention. The staff was great, and I was able to check in even though I arrived early in the day. The rooms are nice, and have everything you need to feel at home. Having a kitchenette and a fridge was definitely nice. Breakfast was included every morning with my stay. I felt very-well taken care of. I would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I am writing this review from Fort Hood, TX. I had the chance to visit Austin before I left for Afghanistan. I had never been to Austin before and I wanted to do something new. When I arrived, Adriana really helped me out. She gave me a map of where to eat and told me where to go in town. This is my first TripAdvisor review and I really felt compelled to write about what a great time I had. This hotel is centrally located in downtown Austin. You do not need a car in Austin due to the fact that everything is within walking distance. The sports bar is also a great asset to this establishment due to the friendly staff and great food. You will really enjoy your time in this hotel thanks to the Staff and wonderful employees like Adriana.