INTRO: I stayed at this property for 1 night while working at in Austin. This property was a welcome sight after staying in run down LaQuinta Inn’s. Hampton rarely disappoints.
PROPERTY: This seems like an older property that has had many significant upgrades. I stayed in room 306 which was an Executive King room. Per Hampton norm, the room was well kept and clean. Other hotels could learn from Hampton on how to properly upgrade an older property.
The hotel had a decent sized outdoor pool and hot tub which I did not use.
The exercise room is decent size and consists of three machines designed for walking or pedaling and free weights with TV.
There are numerous restaurants nearby.
ROOM: The room had its own, window mounted A/C unit which worked fine, although the fan seems to run often. There is very light road noise that was virtually unnoticeable. The furniture and décor was very nice and upscale. It has a smaller 26” flat screen. A cup at a time coffee maker with 2 coffee packs was provided. Lighting in the room was very good. NO micro/fridge combo, which is a miss.
The bathroom was very nice with tile floor, a large 5’ shower and freestanding vanity with solid surface countertops.
BEDDING: The bed was very good, although I missed the “Evolution Bed” found in other Hilton properties. None the less, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were excellent and the Hampton signature duvet is always welcome.
WORK AREA: The work area was a little on the small side, with good lighting and ample outlets for electronics. The chair was comfortable and very good for long stretches of work.
The night time clerk was more interested in his private cell phone conversations than tending to the front desk, but others seemed nice.
The breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, meat and potatoes, cereal, muffins, juice, etc. No need to leave the building for a good breakfast.
RATING: Overall I would give the property a 90/100 and 95/100 for value. I would likely stay here if I were in this area again..
PROS: Upscale upgrades, nice rooms, clean, good breakfast.
CONS: a little pricey, a little too far out from downtown Austin (20-25 min), no micro/fridge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are just minutes from Lake Travis in Texas Hill Country and offer many Texas attractions for your vacation enjoyment. Explore Cedar Park cave preserves or travel on the Austin Steam Train. Our Hampton hotel offers free breakfast and complimentary WiFi to help you feel right at home during your Austin visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn And Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
- Hampton Inn Austin
- Austin Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Lakeline