“Nice Argentine”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Latin, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Having spent time in BA I have a few quibbles with the food. The pastry for the empenafas is too rich and not quite right. Seasoning is a bit off on some of the dishes. But that said I like this restaurant and will be back. The prices are good and the staff is friendly. This is a great break from the usual Tex Mex. if you haven't tried it and E 5th doesn't scare you off give Buenos Aires a try!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I attended a business dinner at this unique restaurant on 6th east of I-35. Great atmosphere, live music, and extremely attentive wait staff. We had some Malbec red wine from Argentina which was quite good! For appetizers we all tried the different empanadas. They are small bites, which I enjoyed, and which left one room to try several kinds. Several of us had the special - which was one of the best steaks I've had - cooked Medium Rare to perfection and with a very interesting and tasty sauce (Chimichuri). Finally the desert was to die for (Quatro Leches)!
I would definitely recommend this small restaurant and plan to return when I am back in Austin.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

a specialty and an art. Live Piazolla quartet plays tango music some nights. Over good experience.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I think the raves about this place must be from people who have never had real Argentine cooking. The empanadas were flabby and greasy, and nothing about the flavor made me think I was in Argentina. (Empanadas are one of the few foods Argentinos eat with their hands, but it was impossible to do so with these.) No milanesa de pollo on the menu, no ensalada rusa, no salsa golf, and the chimichurri was too spicy to be authentic. I see that the owner is an Argentina, but trained in the US. Maybe something got lost along the way. The food here is okay, but just okay. The wine list is not bad at all. But if you want the flavors of Buenos Aires, this isn't it, sorry to say.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great food from a delicious menu. Service & atmosphere is wonderful with music groups that enhance the ambiance. We frequently eat here.