All reviewscafe no seapple tvbunk roomaesop toiletriesavocado toastlobby barconcrete ceilingace hotelcool shopsgreat boutiquestylish hotelpoor lightingstreet noisecontinental clubhappy hourfantastic hotelrooftop pool
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I visited this hotel a few weeks ago. I showed up later than expected due to issues with travel and was super worried about check in. I was so worried my whole trip was going to be messed up - I was supposed to be at a dinner very soon after I finally arrived at the hotel. When I got to the check in desk, I was instantly greeted with a smile and a pleasant “How's it going? How can I help you?” I was quickly helped by the cheeriest concierge I have ever met. I managed to check in, drop off my stuff super quickly. Then the kind concierge helped me figure out where I was going and the best way to get there.
The room was exceptional. After my stressful traveling (and dinner), I was so pleased to be able to crash in bed. The room was immaculate. I called to the front desk for some assistance late, late at night, and the person that answered was so friendly and helpful.
The same concierge that helped me check in was there in the morning, and he gave me some wonderful suggestions for brunch, and was just a joy to chat with. I managed to get his name - Andrew - so positive, so professional, just a friendly person.
I happened to be in over First Thursday, which I was unaware was an event at the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The music in the courtyard was fun. The “drink specials” weren't much to get excited about. There were sooooooo many people that showed up, which at first was intimidating, but the staff managed to keep the space clean, and the people who our in Austin just seem to be happier. Maybe it is all the good food and alcohol they are constantly surrounded by. I would recommend checking out First Thursdays at this hotel if you are able.
My overall experience was really wonderful. I could have done without the Texas heat, or the Austin traffic, but that is obviously out of South Congress Hotel’s control. I will definitely visit this hotel again the next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toriwilliams
Jason B, General Manager at South Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to having you back on your next visit to Austin. Please let us know when you plan to return; we love to take care of our return guests!

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Everything was great from check-in to check-out! The room was modern but comfortable, all of the staff were so sweet, and the pool was a ton of fun. It's easy and relaxing to lunch or snack by the pool with a drink, the food is from No se and it's always delicious, no matter if you want avocado toast or the (highly recommended!) cheeseburger. There is so much else to do and eat within a short walk from the hotel, we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Director of Rooms at South Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for choosing to spend your staycation at South Congress Hotel. It's great to hear that you were able to relax by the pool while enjoying some of our favorite dishes from Café No Sé. Although we are located in the heart of the South Congress District, the property can certainly feel like an oasis in the city, and it sounds as if you took full advantage of the retreat experience the hotel offers. We look forward to your next staycation with us again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Considered all of the hotels on South Congress but landed on South Congress Hotel for the price and overall aesthetic. Could not have been more thrilled with our experience. We checked out the other places while we were there and the pool area at South Congress Hotel is BY FAR the best in the area. It's on the second floor so you don't get the noise etc. from the street. Great cocktail selection there as well. The rooms are spacious and impeccably designed. Staff was friendly and helpful. We are also glad we stayed on South Congress versus downtown since it felt more Austin. There is a lot to do in that area as well. Don't miss Gourdough's Donuts and Jo's coffee as well as The Continental Club Gallery for live music.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor in the back. No view but this area isn't known for that and it's convenient to the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting South Congress Hotel for your recent stay. It's great to hear that you found our pool to be the best in the area...we might be biased, but we think so too. Although located just one floor above South Congress Avenue and offering direct views of the downtown skyline and surrounding Hill Country, the lush greenery and "living walls" create a truly special retreat-like experience. I look forward to sharing your feedback regarding staff service and design with our team, and we hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

The location of this hotel is perfect for walking to shops and restaurants, though the hotel itself offers so many amenities, it's easy enough to not leave! The pool and pool bar were a wonderful retreat during 100 degree days. Happy hour at Central Standard and the lobby bar were great deals and offered delicious drinks. Everyone who works at the hotel and various bars/restaurants attached to it were super nice. The hotel is a rare mix of beautiful, modern aesthetics combined with a cool, relaxed vibe. The room I stayed in was a good size and quiet. Housekeeping appeared to come by 2x a day to freshen the room so it always felt super clean. The mini bar and snack/product options left in the room were super fun, creative, and very tempting! I really enjoyed everything about my stay here and I will certainly stay here again if ever back in Austin. I only wish there were cool hotels like this in Boston!

Room Tip: The Heights room was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts following your stay. It sounds as if you were able to enjoy many of our on-site food and beverage offerings, in addition to our chilled rooftop pool- there's no better way to enjoy a Summer day in Austin. I appreciate your feedback regarding interactions with our teams and look forward to passing it along. We hope you join us again soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the room that faces Congress street with a cool view of downtown and the Capital building, on the second floor.

The downside to that room is heating the bus very early in the morning and the shades not covering all corners of the window so you have some light creeping in.

The upside to that room is the layout and design! Whoever did that needs to come do my house at a reasonable price...lol

Super casual but stylish seating area, a cute shelving system to break up the space, the comfy bed was on the other side of that. I’m obsessed with the mirror in the bathroom and the no door shower.

It was also nice to have a balcony for some good people watching.

Super nice and courteous staff and housekeeping are like ninjas. You rarely ever see them, but your room is on point and together!

You can do self parking or valet. Both are $32, but sometimes the garage will hook you up with a better overnight if you self park.

We were either walking distance or a quick uber away from all of our needs. Amazing location and a fun stay!

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the design and service elements of your stay. I'm sorry that you experienced bus noise from the street and some issues with your blackout shade coverage- I've already shared your feedback with our team, and we truly appreciate your thoughts. It sounds as if you stayed in one of our Congress Suites and enjoyed the expansive bathroom, seating area, and view-oriented balcony. When you prepare to book future travel to Austin, our reservations team would be delighted to assist you in finding the perfect room. I recommend looking into our Poolside Premier Suites, which feature the same great features of your Congress Suite, but are oriented away from the street facing our rooftop pool. We hope you visit us again soon, and look forward to your return.