“Best Dim Sum!”

New Fortune Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #383 of 4,240 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed January 22, 2017

We normally go to Chinatown for Dim Sum, but some friends invited us here for a Sunday lunch. So we got to try it out for the first time.

When we got there, the place was packed. They had a waiting room full of people, as well as people waiting outside. But they definitely moved through the line quickly. We were seated within 20 minutes or so during the lunch rush hour.

As per the usual Dim Sum restaurant set-up, the waiters came by randomly with a cart full of dishes to choose from. Everyone was very friendly and everything looked delicious. We ordered a lot of variety to try out, but my favorites were Soup Dumplings, Sesame Balls, Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant, Egg Custard Buns.

There was also a hot items bar in the back, where they have things like pot stickers, pastries, noodles, etc. You can take your order card with you to pick up whatever you want from the bar, in addition to your selections from the carts that stop by.

We were a party of 6, and with gratuity included, our bill came out to be about $20 per person. Not a bad deal at all for Dim Sum. If you're looking for an overall great meal, I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Great food! Authentic, fresh and always tastes great!! Make sure you try Dim Som. They are also very accommodating for people who have large parties children'. .

Reviewed December 4, 2016

We finally got to try the dim sum here. 5th try is the charm. Previous four times we've driven by, there was a huge crowd waiting outside so we didn't even bother. Not gonna wait 30 min to an hour with two young kids whining "I'm hungry!" We were told wait would be 20-25 min but luckily, we only waited 15 minutes. We've been for dinner - in fact threw my Dad's 80th bday party here. Elegant dining space. Staff are hard working, courteous. Carts come around regularly. I'm quite familiar with dim sum and was hoping to see new offerings from what I already know. All the items we ordered were good except for the egg rolls which looked over cooked. No one told us there was a buffet bar towards the back wall of with a slew of items we wouldn't see on the carts. Next time we'll know to order those items that we like from there. Szechuan green beans had a savory sweetness that was perfect. Kids loved the creme brulee on the dessert cart. Yes, try the dim sum here and definitely come for dinner.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

2 of us went for a "Chinatown" Dim Sum lunch on a weekday (his first try at Dim Sum) and I was a little disappointed that they only offer the traditional cart service on weekends. The Dim Sum list was pretty short and we liked everything but we need to come when there are dozens more choices with the cart service. I'm spoiled because I've had Dim Sum in Hong Kong and many times in the Los Angeles area and eager to try the cart service at New Fortune.

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

I have been to many Dim Sum restaurants, this one is by far the best!
Great selection of Dim Sum, very tasty, priced right.
Constantly the servers with the carts are around, if you wish to have something that isn't on the cart, in no time they will bring it to you.
What a fantastic service!
Food is very appealing, it looks and taste delicious!
The assortment is fantastic. They also of a buffet that you can go and choose some good from the display!!
A real authentic place to enjoy!