“Really nice dinner”

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe St
Description: Lamberts Downtown Barbecue, located in the 2nd Street District of downtown Austin, features modern Texas classics in a hiply restored historic building. With an emphasis on fresh local ingredients and all natural meats, produce, and seafood, Lamberts has invented "Fancy Barbecue." The beautifully restored Schneider Store, located on the corner of Guadalupe and 2nd streets, features an open kitchen and dining room on the first floor, with outdoor patio seating available. The upstairs bar and lounge features premium live music most nights and can accommodate large parties for private events. Since opening in 2006, Lamberts has been featured in Food & Wine, The New York Times, Conde Naste Traveler, and voted the 4th best new restaurant in Texas by Texas Monthly.
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Had a great dinner here, would highly suggest the boar ribs, pulled pork and brisket. Mac and Cheese was ok. Nice ambiance, staff was fantastic.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Update your hours Lambert's! We went out of our way to find BBQ in Austin. Pay to park, arrive at Lamberts after trip advisor & their website says they open at 11a on Sunday. Closed! Open at 5! Disappointing!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I came to Lambert's for lunch with a business colleague. The setting was comfortable. Our server was very friendly and service was fast. We were there a bit on the early side for lunch, so it wasn't very crowded. I got the two meat combo platter and both the chicken and the ribs were top notch. I wish I had more ribs! If there was one (minor) disappointment, it was that the baked beans did not live up to the other items I enjoyed. They were a bit more watery than I expected. That is a very minor hiccup, and maybe just my tastebuds. All in all, I would highly recommend Lambert's.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Food was good, Service not so much. They were very busy, but our waiter made us feel like he'd rather be doing something else. Since I was travelling with my work team we made note of how customers need to feel important even if things are a bit harried in the workplace. Disappointing when he told us he didn't have the time to answer our menu questions. The food we ordered was good, very tasty. Unfortunately, the bad service would make me hesitate to recommend this eatery.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

We really do like this place. Food is good and more upscale BBQ. Love the charcuterie and the brisket. Service is good and cocktails are great! Can be a little noisy...