“Good Service, consistent food quality”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #456 of 4,068 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Dinner was good, food was what you would get at all the Cheddar's. Service was very good, server was very attentive and good personality. We will go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Arrived after a long road trip home in holiday traffic. More than ten minutes before he took our drink and appetizer order. Took forever, never checked on us. Didn’t place all our appetizer order and never came back. Took forty minutes before we could place dinner order. Kitchen ran out of burgers ten minutes later. Got all orders wrong. Never checked back in. Had to get our own drinks from the bar. The manager didn’t care. Truly awful

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Cheddars is a reliable restaurant that is easy to enjoy.
In particular I like their Monte Christo sandwich is a favorite that I order often.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

I took my family there. We ordered the combination of ribs and steak and was delicious. I ordered the grilled salmon and it was too good too. Good service and we really loved the place. I give them 5 stars because they deserve it

Reviewed December 4, 2017

A great choice for affordable food in an upscale atmosphere. The decor will make you feel like you're at a nice steakhouse (with some fun elements like the fish tank), but unfortunately, the food is underwhelming.

This was our second visit to Cheddar's and both times, the food was only meh, even though experience was overall a positive one.

Now, the food is pretty good considering how affordable the entrees are ($10-15 for most), but definitely nothing to brag about. My steak was well-seasoned, but overcooked. My mac and cheese side was drowning in soupy sauce and looked like someone had dropped a full slice of cheddar on top and half-melted it. My husband's ribs were also nicely sauced, but not cooked great.

The only thing I really liked were the fried cheese appetizers--those were bite sized and generously portioned (sometimes you buy $7 mozzarella sticks and get like 4, but this basket could have fed 3-4 of us!).

I will give kudos to the staff for excellent customer service on a busy Saturday night. Our waiter was friendly and even when the kitchen was a bit slow, he was on top of everything and very attentive.