“great date night”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #454 of 4,029 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anderson Mill Rd.
Description: The Melting Pot in Northwest Austin has been providing our guests with the perfect night out for over ten years. Enjoy four fabulous courses including cheese fondues, gourmet salads, entree fondues of seafood, chicken, beef, pasta and vegetables and chocolate fondues for dessert. We also offer packages to make special occasions more memorable, including flower arrangements that can be waiting on the table when you arrive. Balloon bouquets, romance packages and other custom gifts. We also offer hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate fondue to go.
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

slow, quite and special. great place to really be able to talk. BEST DATE EVER.food great. staff great.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Food is great. They have different food to choose from. Best desert ever! If your not wanting a full meal just stop fir an appetizer or desert and drinks

Reviewed July 30, 2017

The restaurant was in an interesting place . . . strip mall surrounded by things you would not expect next to a higher end restaurant. When we walked in there was a woman who had a table set up that was trying to sell us Plexus. I felt like we were at strike two right away. After we were seated, the experience got better. Food was good and the experience was worth going. I would have rated it 5 stars if I wasn't hit up for a multi-level marketing scheme when I walked in.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I have great memories of taking my son to a fondue restaurant in Dallas, so I was excited to find this place off north 183. The experience was as fun as I remembered, and introducing it to new kiddos was great. The waiter was attentive and explained how to cook safely. The seafood was fresh and the steak tender. It's too bad that the menu is so misleading as the sticker shock you get at the end could leave a bad taste in your mouth.
You can make your own menu of starters, entrees and dessert, or select the "Four Course Experience". My feeling is the price should be all inclusive of the different courses if they are selling it as a package. Nope. We got our bill and they had also charged us separately for the cheese course, the salad course, and even the liquid you cook with.So, instead of the "4-Course Experience" of $39.95, it was well over $60 per person! Had we known this before, I think we could have forgone a couple of the "experience" courses.
Fun idea, pleasing presentation, but perfectly misleading menu. I'm pretty sure that's the reason the waitstaff don't fully explain the charges beforehand. Also, check your bill, we were charged a higher price for a bottle of wine than was listed on the menu. Won't be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation for 8pm to celebrate a birthday. We were finally seated at 8:30 even though they were not busy. Told us 4 times they were getting the "table ready" when the table was in plane view and was ready before we got there. The service was AWFUL! We waited for someone to take our drink orders and waited again for someone to take our order. We waited again for the cheese course to arrive and they brought the wrong cheese. When we were done with the main course we waited over 15 minutes after we were done for someone to come back and take dessert orders. We actually had to get up twice and request someone please come to our table.
If you want to wait 30 minutes to be seated and then spend 3 hours eating dinner this is the place for you! We will never return!!

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!