“Very good ”
Review of Juniper

Juniper
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #626 of 3,849 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We had dinner with friends at Juniper on a Wednesday evening, the house was empty at 6.30 but by 7.30 it was mostly filled. The tomato salad was luscious, the pastas were prepared perfectly. We all enjoyed our entire meals and would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Maybe they've made some improvements from the previous reviews...

Came here twice in August.
The first time was a spur of the moment stop. I was taking my sister to the airport when she got a notice that her flight was delayed. A quick search in the area for quick/small bites lead us to Juniper.
It was before 6PM, so we sat at the bar for our quick impromptu stop. The bartender/server was attentive and gave us a few recommendations. We had 3 things... the chicken liver mousse (pictured) being 1 of them... very rich and tasty. We loved it!

I came back 2 weeks (or more) later with my girlfriends (we do a monthly happy hour and pick a different spot each time) because I remembered wanting to try more things. We picked an assortment and enjoyed everything (including the milk & honey dessert pictured)... but I will say some items were not what you would expect and might be an acquired taste for some. They were extremely accommodating! Here's why... One of our girlfriends had just started the Whole 30 Diet. She told our server all of the restrictions on this diet, and they tweaked some of their plates to accommodate her. He came back with a menu where they had written their revisions to certain dishes.

The Austin restaurant game is STRONG! So I can tell they've probably had to make improvements in order to stay in the game. Hang in there, Juniper! People, give it a try!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Courses, water, wine, dessert menus, check. Restaurant wasn't full, but service proved otherwise. Sampled 8 share plates.Puffy potatoes were steaming hot and soft inside, with a mousse of Dijon mustard. Great lettuces salad. All pasta dishes served Italian style: homemade, delicately combined ingredients and hot. Desserts are a meh...lots of dairy. Decor gets the highest mark: exquisite oversized embellishments, unique finishes and smack spicy lighting. Lowest mark: bringing out a braised pig's head with teeth showing and a drowsy look in its eyes. Then setting it on full display on a table in the open kitchen. Garish and shocking. Not all who dine out want to meet the body parts of there meal in such an offputting way.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Ok, everyone has an off night. I get it! But this was ridiculous and ended in miffed customers just leaving and going for great Italian food and wonderful service at Vespaio on S Congress.

I have taken many friends and business people to Juniper, and though it is the kind of small plate place that forces you into an apres Taco Bell situation ( we all do it- get real), you appreciate the small and perfect dining experience with Chef Nick.

Now, talented chefs have to be accompanied by service oriented,caring management and wait staff, or the dining experience is not complete.

Not to be the case on the night we visited. Long and interminable waits for basics like water or a first drink. Water that was slammed on the table so hard that it splashed me. Yikes. Is someone angry that they did not get Memorial Day weekend off?

Anyway. Left mid meal. Actually no meal arrived. They need to get their act together. Hope they do - austin is a tough competition city for fine dining.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

If you want to pay outrageous prices and yet leave a restaurant hungry, this is the place for you. Tiny portions of allegedly "splitable" small plates left me and my companions horribly disappointed. Save your money and dine elsewhere!

Been to Juniper? Share your experiences!