“Dim Sum amazing. Service even better.”
Review of Wu Chow

Wu Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Wu Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 4,275 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed January 8, 2017

Wow, We had dim sum twice during a two-week visit to Austin. The first time we didn't make reservations and, on a very cold day, we sat outside under heat lamps (alone!) - what a great adventure! Great service, great food. The second time we made a reservation and still sat outside - 50 degrees warmer - crazy weather, Austin. Shrimp and cilantro dumplings, shrimp and leek cakes, Shanghai pork soup dumplings (OMG), Tenderbelly Pork & Shrimp Shumai, Chicken & Taro Eggrolls and other amazing tastes. Great service, great food. We will remember our meals here for years to come. Thank you.

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

Family has gone to Wu Chow multiple times. Food is AWESOME!! The duck is the shining star. We ordered and requested the duck on Saturday. Today is Tuesday. Well beyond the norm but not our first rodeo here. Of course we show up and an hour into appetizers we are told no duck. Don't get me started. Also ordered dumplings and white rice. Did not come as well. I was visiting from California and my family talked up this duck and it was a no go unfortunately. Situation was not handled well. All around not a great night.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Wonderful Chinese Food. Classic but also with creative new dishes.
Superb wait and bar staff. I go back almost weekly for the adventure of trying different dishes.

Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile

I can't really decide where to begin. We met friends and family for dinner. My wife and I had never been to Wu Chow but being avid fans of Chinese food we wanted to try it. A friend made reservations and we arrived early. The first thing I noticed upon entering was the full bar. The Crown with lemon/lime soda (yes that is what they call it) was poured and mixed perfectly. Our waiter (Tanner) was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Our friend arrived completing our party and it was basically let the festivities begin. I truly believe we ordered everything on the menu. The green beens were an excellent appetizer as was the okra. I cannot begin to say enough about the okra. Being a homestyle chef myself I will be spending time and money to recreate that dish. Very firm yet tender okra with a hint of ginger and some sort of Chinese hot sauce. Not too hot mind you. Sheer perfection. The Spicy Sichuan Deep-Fried Chicken was amazing. The fried rice was very good. The Chicken & Taro Eggrolls were something out of this world. We also had the Scallions Hugging Beef which rocked bigtime. I know we had more but by this time the crown and lemon/lime water was starting to kick in lol. The atmosphere is very Austin Cool with indoor or outdoor dining. Do yourself a favor and try Wu Chow. One of the best dining experiences ever.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Unbelievable. We started with the soup dumplings and knew at the first bite that we made a great choice for dinner that night. Salt and pepper squid, orange beef and the green beans exceeded our expectations. Amazing food and the drinks were perfect! We will be back many times.

Date of visit: November 2016

Been to Wu Chow? Share your experiences!