“great hotel”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
fort lee,NJ
“great hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Bright, light, cheerful, & friendly. Had a room facing atrium & no noise at all. Location quite central. Great room. No complaints. Highly recommended

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is my 3rd time at this hotel and I love it ! Great location to 6th st in downtown Austin; walking distance to state Capitol too; their bar in the hotel is great too ! The beds are comfy,rooms clean and very nice! Ate at Sullivans Steakhouse on Colorado st which was fantastic !!

• Stayed February 2012
Malibu
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed for 3 nights recently and I think the staff went out of their way to be helpful, especially the concierge. The front desk and bellmen were also wonderful. We stayed on the Club floor #14 and there was construction above on floor 15 all weekend. It was interesting that they were even working on Sunday.The hotel is centrally located, near 6th St. music clubs, bars, not far from University of Texas, right near the capital building.The hot tub on the roof is closed for repairs. The gym was nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your time with us at the Omni Austin Hotel. We appreciate the great words about the staff and apologize if the renovation caused any issues for you. The renovation will be complete by mid-March and at that time we will be proud to have the best room product in Austin. Whenever your travels bring you back to Austin we look forward to seeing you again.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had an upgraded room way up high in this upscale hotel in downtown Austin, Texas. All was incredible until the band at a nearby bar got louder and louder. The guy at the front desk could only assure me that they would shut down by 2 am. He offered to bring me earplugs, but I just dealt with it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We do work with the city of Austin in monitoring noise to ensure it stays within the levels allowed by the city. In the future, feel free to request a room with an atrium view as these rooms offer a quieter stay. Thank you for your time and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Omni is in a fantastic location with exceptional service and clean facilities; what you would expect from this brand. While my expectations where not exceeded at any point during the stay, everything from breakfast to concierge service was up to par.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Cecil_Hopper
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I visited for a four day seminar recently. Without the seminar deal, the rooms were $319 per night. Everything in the room was nice but that was all. The bed was very comfortable. Location is only two blocks away from the parties on 6th Street. The hot tub on the roof was closed down for repairs. We were on the 7th floor and we could only slightly here the jack hammer doing renovations on the top floors. If I had paid over $320 a night and I had to put up with more noise.... it would have been really bad. Excellent food and drinks at the restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Don't get close to the renovations!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review of your time with us at the Omni Austin Hotel. We are glad that you were able to join us while you were in Austin and also able to enjoy our convenient location near 6th street. We hope that you are able to join us again whenever your travels return you to town.
west palm beach
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Omni because I got a great rate from Hot wire.I dont think I would have been as enamored with the place had I paid full price. For the $100 it was a bargain.

It has a good location close to 6th street and various other restuarants. Since I only stayed over night I can not complain about much. The rooms were basic,clean more like a three star hotel though. They have a fairly large breakfast buffet. The food was good.

Conceirge was helpful in finding us a good restaurant that evening.Perrys steak house. Which was great. We really enjoyed our meal there, where we celebrated my sons 21st birthday. Then he went partying with his friends on 6th street.

They let us have a late check out. I found the staff to be very curteous. My only complaint was that there was so much noise coming from outside the hotel at night that it kept you up. The music went into the early morning. They should put white sound machines in the room so you are not disturbed by the partying outside. Overall it was a nice place to stay given the good price we got online.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple