“Fabulous hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #37 of 197 Hotels in Austin
New Providence, NJ
“Fabulous hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

In walking distance to the capital and 6th Street. Worth the money to upgrade to the club floor with complimentary breakfast and happy hour each day. Awesome rooftop pool (the main reason we booked and the reason we'll go back)! Staff were helpfull and polite. Rooms were clean and had great bedding/pillows, which is rare for a hotel. We went for a girls weekend away and it was perfect. The only downside is that even on the 14th floor, the noise from the downtown area was quite loud until very late. The pool was also filled with bachelor parties, etc. I have 2 small kids so if I were going to stay in Austin with them, I may choose a different part of the city. However, for our trip it was great!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed here with friends for a bachelorette party. If you're looking for a hotel near downtown partying it's the perfect place, but if you don't want to be near all of that rowdiness then it's not for you. Service was very good -- warm welcome and when there was a cricket in our room that they had to remove (it's cricket season!) they gave us a round of free drinks for our trouble :). Breakfasts at the hotel downstairs (not included) was very good and there were reasonably priced options. Bedding was incredibly comfortable. Rooms were cleaned okay but I did notice some dust, they could have done a better job. I like places with more charm and wouldn't have chosen this hotel if I was just traveling to Austin on my own but this did the trick for the purpose of my visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

There are very few hotels where I give my repeat business to. This is one of them. The staff makes you feel welcome the moment that you check in. They are friendly and knowledgeable. If you aren't an Omni Select Guest member, do sign up. You will get free internet during your stay, a free morning beverage of your choice, and free pressing service, all of which are greatly appreciated. If you are coming in for business and need your sleep, be sure to request a room on the interior side of the hotel. The other side of the hotel is close to 6th Street, and you will hear the noise on the street below well past 3am! The room service is there when they say they will be, and the food is also very good. There have been a few occasions where I have needed a late check-out, and the staff is always very accommodating. I also appreciate the fact that the hotel has off-duty Austin Police officers there on the weekends to make sure that guests only are going on the elevators to the guest rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you do not want to listen to the noise from 6th Street
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank maggiem27
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I got a great rate on Priceline and I really appreciated the fact that this property did not treat me differentially because of the Priceline payment status. In the past, I've had properties refuse to honor my membership in their frequent guest program because I paid through Priceline, but the Omni never noted the status of my purchase. They automatically upgraded me via frequent stayer to a free morning continental breakfast delivered to my room, as well as free internet. Both of these features were sincerely appreciated; the breakfast was really great in that it saved me both time and money. The staff was excellent, especially the concierge who was particularly gracious, helpful and humorous. I'm pretty familiar with the downtown restaurants and the recommendations that I heard him make to other guests were right on the mark and seemed totally objective. I thought that the atrium was lovely, I never had to wait for an elevator, and the housekeeping staff checked in with me each day or evening to see that things were stocked. The roof top pool was wonderful to back to each day; floating in the pool and gazing out over the city was total bliss. The only downside was when I tried to get a drink at the lobby bar in the evenings, I had to go find the bartender. However, during more "regular" hours, I also had a light meal at that bar and the food was amazing- a real surprise for a lobby bar.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Truly outstanding customer service. Fast check-in and check-out. Resolved an issue quickly without having the customer jump through hoops to get it corrected. Fast valet. Would definitely stay again and plan to in the future. Bar area very nice, breakfast was great though coffee was not up to par but that was very minor for such a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I did not get the internet working. I spent 5 hours in general with the tech support, since I had to work with my company back in Israel.
In addition, there was a huge noise all nights long. In the reception, they said these are drunk people coming back at weekend. So? Can't you take care of it? They said they try to avoid parties in the rooms, so - I guess they should try harder.
To conclude:
Very expensive, you can not sleep at night and you have to stay in the conference hall in order to have internet connection and run your business. If you want, you can go there. I will never do so again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank YoramYoram
Thanks for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry for the issues with the WIFI. At times companies have restrictions that don't allow a connection with the open WIFI here. It doesn't happen often but on occassion we have this issue. As for the noise it is difficult to control some of our guests when they return late in the evening. We do take this seriously and have added security on busy nights. We do hope you can return to our hotel and have a great stay.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We got a very good price for two rooms on Priceline at the last minute. Not spectacular, but very nice. It is a bit dated....the atrium look is kind of old, I think. However, our room had a small balcony and was just fine. The air conditioner was loud, as another reviewer said, but it worked, and that was important in the summer in Austin. Oddly, it had a huge bathroom....almost as big as the bedroom. However, the other room we booked for fellow travellers didn't have a window...just a view of the lobby from the atrium. I'm not sure how that would be. We didn't see that room. But for the low price we paid, it was fine. Nothing special, but fine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family