3,176 results
All reviewsrooftop poolselect guestoffice buildingclub levelnice hotelroom servicesixth streetwalking distancestate capitollobby barself parkingbusiness tripconvention centerlive musicdowntownconciergenoise
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Attended a conference at this hotel and the staff was extremely efficient and courteous. The food options at the conference were excellent. One morning we had the breakfast buffet at Ancho's which had excellent choices including a chef making fresh omelets.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback with regard to our food and beverage quality. We are happy that your stay was pleasant and comfortable while attending your conference. - P.H. on behalf of Gene M.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

I was in a business trip to Austin for 3 days and at OMNI Hotel I met great people, great service, great Food,good overall rooms the only minus was the fan in the bathroom did not exist Everything else was very good.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

We had a wonderful experience at the Omni. The bar service was great, the food was fabulous, and our room was nice. The beds were very comfortable, and I could not have slept any better than I did during this stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I recently stayed at the Omni for one night during a business trip. The hotel seems a bit old, but it's well maintained and very clean. I would highly suggest ordering room service during your stay as everything was delicious and the room service staff was courteous. I don't really understand why the hotel adds a "tip" option to the bill when a 20% tip plus a delivery charge are already added to the room service bill - IMHO it's kind of tacky.

Before checking-in, I contacted the hotel and requested a quiet room, I also asked for all bedding to be washed (if possible) as I have allergies, when I arrived my room wasn't ready (it was supposed to be a corner room - in their defense I arrived at 2:00 PM - but I had mentioned this in my reservation) so I agreed to stay on an atrium facing room on the 8th floor. The front desk staff seemed a bit bothered, and did not ask me if I was an Omni special guest or discuss any of the benefits of the special guest membership (free internet/complementary coffee). Upon requesting a late check-out (for 2:00 PM), I was told that it would be the half the room rate! I mentioned that at other Omni locations you can pay $50 for late check-out (and it's even available for those specific locations on the website).

The room was well decorated and clean, being able to face the atrium was pretty cool, additionally, the fact that there were so many TV channels available (including a turn-down channel) was awesome. BEWARE - the offices facing the atrium can see inside the hotel rooms! The internet connection in my room (which I believe I paid for - and stopped working at exactly midnight) was horrible, I was hardly able to check my work email, I ended up tethering internet from my cellphone. The hotel was extremely noisy, I was awoken by a loud sound which was made by my door throughout the night (and the slamming of other guest doors). Every single time a guest in the vicinity closed their door, the lock on my door would make a LOUD clanking sound. Additionally, in the morning the hotel pipes (well, I assume they were the pipes), made a very loud sound which resembled that of a boat horn. Thankfully, because I was on the 8th floor I wasn't bothered by the noise in the atrium.

Speaking of the atrium, I had a drink at the hotel bar, the waitress was horribly slow and had to be flagged down in order to acknowledge myself and a friend (also, the tables were dirty). The echo in the atrium is horrible, I can't imagine how all that noise would sound on a lower level atrium facing rooms.

Upon check-out, I felt rushed by the front desk employee who repeatedly told me I would receive my final bill via email (still waiting for the bill - was it too difficult for her to print it out for me?), she also did not tell me the total amount of my stay. The employee also mentioned they would be adding my select guest info to my reservation, but the specific stay is still not showing up in my account (I tried to do this myself, but I think because I booked through a third party website that it is not possible to use your membership benefits) - this is probably related to the Omni special guest program, and not the actual hotel.

I read the reviews in detail before booking, but as I'm a loyal Omni customer, I decided to ignore the warnings - I was wrong!!! I should've booked a room at a hotel room where I would've at least gotten a few hours of sleep for my important early morning meeting.

As other guests mentioned, there are a bunch of homeless people around the hotel, there's nothing the hotel can really do about it, but be street smart when you're around the area.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor atrium facing room.
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Wonderful hotel, has it all. perfectly located, beautiful lobby and amenities. I will return, 100%. I usually stay at the JW but the Omni lobby and rooms are just as good. I didn't eat in the hotel, will do so next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We look forward to hosting your next visit to Austin. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travelers. - P.H. on behalf off Gene M.