All reviews the barn hiking trails rockwell kent robert frost room african violet wedding weekend battenkill river living room sarah's room fresh fruit grounds are beautiful each morning wood burning fireplace southern vermont a wonderful stay green mountains b bs
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Three nights in the Daniel Webster suite. Meals were exceptional and the staff could not have been more accommodating. To Amy, Debbie, Karen and Paul, thank you for seeing that our every need was met. We hope to get back soon!

Room Tip: Check the Inn's web page for photos of the rooms. I peeked into every one of them and you will not be disappointed with any of them.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Had a wonderful time! Stayed in one of the mill house apartments, which was very cozy, and really enjoyed relaxing in the main building and having dinners and breakfasts there. Very friendly atmosphere, and beautiful property for nature walks on the mountain.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2017

My husband and I spent Thanksgiving 2017 at this beautiful spot in Arlington VT. We made our reservations late so we did not get to stay in the Inn itself. We stayed in the Mill House that is located below the Inn at the beginning of the driveway. The mill house has three units to stay in. The two end units have wood burning stoves. The one we stayed in did not. This unit is cute, cozy and rustic. There is a living room, kitchen and upstairs is two bedrooms with king beds and one bathroom. We had an issue with the heat on the first floor. When we mentioned it to the front desk person the problem was handled promptly. If you are a very tall person the upstairs bedrooms and tub/shower have low ceilings. You might have issues with the low ceilings. I am 5'7" and I had no problem touching the ceiling. The bathroom is basic, tub, toilet, one sink. (could use a bit of an update. Tile grout stained. Shower water faucet only moves up and down. Turning to adjust water temp did not work. But it did work and served its purpose. If you stay at the Inn the driveway is dirt/gravel, steep and has some deep gully/holes on the way up. If you have a low car be aware of this. In winter, in my opinion, you'll need 4wd. The Inn is charming and beautiful. There is a bar with plenty of room to sit at small tables. They also serve appitizers. The living room area is large and spacious with a very warm wood burning stove. The dining room is spacious as well. We had two breakfasts and two dinners at the Inn. I loved the steel cut oats oatmeal. Omelet was prepared nicely. There is standard menu plus specials for breakfast and dinner. For dinner I had the chicken pot pie. It was very tasty but a small portion for $14. Salad was very nice as well. Thanks giving dinner was wonderful. Moist delicious turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potato, stuffing and Brussel sprouts. For an appy I had the pumpkin-butternut squash soup. Hubby has the scallops and loved them a lot. Apple and pumpkin pie and three other desserts as well. There was a other entrees to choose from as well. There was always a vegetarian choice, if needed.
I would definitely come back to stay again, but I'd like to stay at the Inn. The Inn has hiking trails on site. Norman Rockwell exhibit near by as well as the house NR grew up in and a covered bridge. Lovely cheese shop up the street. Stratton mountain is close.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Mill House. Walls are thin. Crying children can be heard.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here celebrating my wife's birthday. All I can say is WOW! Staff very friendly and helpful, Dinner was VERY good, and BREAKFAST is awesome - you won't believe how filling it is!!! There is even a resident golden retriever named LUNA who will probably come lay her head one your lap - sooo cute!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Savage93
Reviewed November 14, 2017

Have stayed in the area at a few different B&B's and this one by far is the nicest overall.
From the quaint beautiful rooms to the EXCELLENT breakfast and STAFF you are not going to find a nicer place.

You can relax in the very nice common rooms or take hikes on the trails on their property either way it's a win win

We were on a weekend getaway during the off season and there was plenty to do and see

We DEFINITELY plan to return

Room Tip: Any of the rooms can't go wrong
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple