All reviewswafflesroom was cleanquiet hotellady at receptionlots of hot waterhiking groupfriendly folksbiscuitsbristol speedwaythe hotel staffwould stay here againan easy drivegreat showernice place to stayarea attractionscheck in was quicksausage gravy
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The motto of this inn seems to be "buy stuff as cheap as possible" . Stuff on the breakfast counter and in-room items are lousy. The worst might be the coffee - both in room and breakfast. The maker on the weak in-room stuff didn't even dare to put their name on the package. All the cereals are unknown brands. The staff is fine and the place is clean. But after the first day, we go to the nearby McDonalds for breakfast. IT's the first time I've seen "free breakfast "not being worth the trouble.

Room Tip: no suggestions
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Several reasons why I will not be staying here again:
1. Blood and dirt on bedspread
2. Mildew and soapscum on bathtub walls and no fan in bathroom
3. Terrible breakfast, only toast, two choices of cereal, small cold donuts, muffins with no microwave to heat them in. There was a waffle iron, but they were out of mix. One person in party got a waffle, but it was not good...
4. Cigarette butts all over sidewalk at entrance to our section of motel
5. Overpriced for what you get
Some positives:
1. Check in lady was nice.
2. Convenient location

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank cutiebee6
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We are originally from this area & were in town due to a loved one being in the hospital. Our room was not the cleanest & had an awlful oder. My daughter woke us up @ 6 am screaming because of the huge bug (which resembled a roach) crawling on her. When I went to complain the staff were some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with....the more or less gave us the 3rd degree & seem to insinuate we were liars!!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS "ROACH MOTEL"!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank sweetiegurl
Reviewed April 26, 2011

It looked in the hallways that it had not been cleaned in some time. The front lobby looked clean. The beads were comforable but very basic. The hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2011

If you want to have a comfortable, clean room and good service don't go to the Comfort Inn in Abingdon VA. We arrived (March10, 2011) to a clean room but found we were short on towels. My husband went down and asked for towels. The next morning we left 4 dirty towels on the floor and the beds unmade expecting service from a "Choice Hotel" only to be disappointed with no service at all. My husband went back down and told them about the room not being cleaned and asked for towels for the second day in a row. He was reassured that they would note it and the room would be cleaned the next day. We left 4 more dirty towels and expected the problem to be resolved. You guessed it! We came home and once again it wasn't cleaned After spending 2 nights and 3 days with no service whatsoever my husband again went down to the service desk. They offered us another room which meant we would have had to pack up and move on our last night there. Instead my husband once again brought towels for us to use the next morning. When we checked out the people at the front desk were aware of this problem and acknowledged that it did happen. She stated she would make the manager aware the problem happened and I told her I had already written a complaint on their personal website. I never got any reply form them whatsoever. I wrote "Choice Hotels" main office and their response (March 17, 2011) was that the Abingdon VA motel would be contacting me and "sorry but they are independently owned so we will not be making any restitution for our inconvenience. No contact has been made to date (March 23,2011) from the Abingdon VA Comfort Inn. Conclusion: Why use Choice Hotels when the main company itself won't stand behind their lack of service for their Choice Privilege customers. If you want no service and like dirty rooms with dirty towels during your stay by all means stay at the Comfort Inn Abingdon VA.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family