“So Great You Could Eat Here Everyday”
Review of Ellis Soda Shoppe and Grill - CLOSED

Ellis Soda Shoppe and Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Once I actually had one of their black angus hot dogs, but without the chili and onions. I loved the Hawaiian Grilled Chicken sandwich that comes on a Kaiser roll with grilled pineapple salsa and tortilla chips. I've also had the French Dip, the Classic Club, and the tomato soup. I can't resist getting an old fashioned ice cream sundae in the tall glass, soaked in chocolate, sticky walnuts,and whipped cream. However, the good thing about Pop Ellis is that it's not necessary to eat in the restaurant, there have been several times I have gone to the drive through window and ordered ice cream cones. The odd thing about this entire restaurant is that when it was an actual pharmacy I was very sick and my doctor prescribed me some expensive cough syrup, which I bought here.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Greeted by the owner, which is a good indication of the experience to come. Very good service by some very pleasant folks and very good and generous food.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here while traveling and had a delicious lunch! The grilled pimento cheese sandwich is wonderful! My husband had the Reuben and said the corned beef was nice and lean. We did not splurge for a milkshake but the blenders were constantly going while we were there. A great place for a quick lunch!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

What an awesome choice for lunch. I had the grilled pimento cheese sandwich with fries and a pickle. My husband had a burger and crispy fries and he said it was one of the best burgers he has ever had. I used to work in a pharmacy so all the medicine bottles on the shelves was fun.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Star rating is based on a standard scale. Pleasant old fashion soda shop/drug store decor. Had French dip and potato soup. This is a traditional soup versus the overly thick stuff of modern style. It did have an unnecessary "kick" (why does everything have to have a kick?). But the food was good, the staff great!