“Fabulous spot for lunch or dinner!”
Review of 128 Pecan

128 Pecan
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Abingdon
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quirky, little local restaurant with simple good food, at a reasonable price with friendly, professional service.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Creative, interesting and delicious food! First class service. Eclectic atmosphere. A fun place that remains our consummate favorite.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (898)

Reviewed March 20, 2021

My hubby got the special: huge ribeye and fries. We did try the Parmesan fries. Fries taste homemade to me, cooked perfectly with Parm on top. Excellent! I got the chilie salmon on cheese grits. Loved it. Both entrees came with a salad so very reasonably priced. Jack, the owner, was walking around chatting with people! That’s true Southern charm and impressive in my book. Jack was a hoot! Very friendly and personable. Will return on our next trip here. 128 Pecan is the epitome of what you expect in a quaint town like Abingdon!!! Awesome job at a reasonable price with a lot of class.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed December 22, 2020

Wow oh wow! This place is delicious. I’m vegetarian and there were plenty of options! My boyfriend and I split the Parmesan fries. He got the pork quesadilla with rice and beans, and I got the veggie quesadilla with tomato bisque. We spit the chocolate chip bread pudding and it was heavenly! The food is definitely worth the price, and the staff are very friendly! Definitely check this one off your list!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed December 4, 2020

I love coming here even on my own. Parmesan fries as such a treat, and there are plenty of other delicious options.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed November 25, 2020

My husband had to go to Abingdon due to business. I joined him just to see the unique and cozy town that everybody was talking about. Even more so, I looked so forward to having a meal in one of the family-owned restaurants. We read the reviews, and it looked like we have to make a tough decision about choosing what restaurant to go to since most of the restaurants were rated very well. We decided to go to 128 Pecan... I thought the restaurant had a country charm, but the food wasn't good. I'm sorry to say, but it felt like we were eating McDonald's food for a triple price. The patties on the burger were from the frozen food section. Making a hamburger patty isn't rocket science and any chef should be able to make one from scratch. To charge the restaurant prize for a warmed up patty that any elementary kid is capable of is just unfair. Also, the bun didn't look fresh. The french fries were sprinkled with cheap factory pre-grated parmesan. Is it really that hard to grate parmesan before bringing the meal out of the kitchen? The customers are paying money for the meal, why not to use fresh ingredients? Why not invest some effort and serve quality food to customers? Why not hire people that know how to cook?? Sadly, what we received at the Pecan was the food of the lowest quality. I really don't understand why this restaurant is rated so high.

Date of visit: November 2020
JackB284, Owner at 128 Pecan, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2020

Greetings,
WOW.. not really sure how to respond to your experience other than to assure you that our hamburger is brought in fresh, patties are prepared daily and grilled to order and that our buns are fresh and grilled to order also. We use the parmesan we do because it tosses well with the fries, it has a great taste and people love them !. Your malicious remarks towards my staff are unpleasant and unjustified That being said, we treat all reviews as learning tools and appreciate your input. In closing, if you were this horrified by your experience why didn't you say something while you were here?, I could have answered any questions and easily made amends to your concerns
The best of dining and safe travels... Jack